Jumping

Fran27

My 5 months old golden retriever is relatively well behaved, knows and answers his commands.. except when we have guests in the house. Then, he jumps at them and totally ignores us. He tends to jump on us too, and even though my husband makes him sit when he does, it doesn't seem to be very efficient.

Any idea of what to do about it? I'm so sick of listening to people saying he has bad manners when he's usually pretty good about it!

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi there!!
have ya tried saying NO in a strong voise or maybe treats would work like have hand full of treats and make him sit not jumping up and if he sits the give him!!
lol thers more exsperinced people here to help ya but what i sed hope it helps!!

bubbatd

A knee to get him off, with the words "off!'......then a sit and a " good dog" should do it. Have your guests do the same... don't let them praise him with love !

mrose_s

BusterLove
make sure you get him to sit before he jumps.

you could try wearing some old clothes and when he he behaves praise him, when he jumps just walk inside or into another room. I have been doing that with a friends dog, when he jumps on me i ignore him and when he behaves he gets a pat... :D

mrose_s

BusterLove
bubbatd said:
A knee to get him off, with the words "off!'......then a sit and a " good dog" should do it. Have your guests do the same... don't let them praise him with love !
kneeing is a bit dangerous, painful for the dog, would u like to be kneed in the chest everytime you got excited.
i put my leg up sometimes to stop my dog when we are playing and he gets a bit bity but i twist to the side so he hits me instead of me just putting an extra 10 inches in front of me

Members online

No members online now.