USPS question...

joce

Since you refused it there is no tracking for you sending it back out. You never took possession. Get on the phone and get LOUD.

When we are a couple days late sending something out like a old battery verizon is on us. Why did it take them so long?!

yoko

If they are saying they can't track it they are lying. I work with ups daily and if you rejected it the tracking number should pull up that you rejected it and track it back to verizon.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Priority Mail doesn't automatically come with a tracking number, but the Verizon stuff is shipped SmartPost, so it's one of those that FedEx and USPS share... like it starts FedEx and then finishes with USPS or whatever. My phone actually came to me FedEx, but when I sent my dead phone back I could have dropped it off at either FedEx or the post office, and when I asked the woman at FedEx about SmartPost she told me they share it and it can basically come either FedEx or USPS. So it might even be possible FedEx ended up losing ypur package?

I just tried to look up my phone replacement, and I get the "no orders in the last 150 days" too. Mine was only at the beginning of March, so it's been in the last 150 days. It must just not count as an "order?" So hopefully that means they will have your tracking number somewhere in their computer...

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Wow, Verizon is being ridiculous.
I can't believe they are making you pay late fees. I'd definitely be talking to a supervisor and bustin some balls about this.

I have NEVER had a problem with Verizon, so its weird seeing how many people have had issues with them.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Since you refused it there is no tracking for you sending it back out. You never took possession. Get on the phone and get LOUD.

When we are a couple days late sending something out like a old battery verizon is on us. Why did it take them so long?!
If they are saying they can't track it they are lying. I work with ups daily and if you rejected it the tracking number should pull up that you rejected it and track it back to verizon.
She didn't reject it. She *did* take possession of it, but brought it back and they just marked it as rejected so she wouldn't have to pay, if I understand correctly. So, depending on if they marked it in the computer right then as rejected or not..

Sometimes with Verizon it's just a matter of which rep you talk to. I was in their store when my phone tanked, two weeks before I could trade it in for a new one anyway. The woman ahead of me was in the same boat, but THREE MONTHS out.

She got to talk to one rep, who took care of her and put her in a new phone. The one I talked to insisted that I either had to wait two weeks or pay full price for a new phone.

yoko

Sorry misread and thought it was UPS.

For that as long as she didn't open it and kept the label the same *didn't get a new label* they should have marked it as rejected on the original tag and kept the original info in the system so the info should have stayed the same.

Lyzelle

Sorry misread and thought it was UPS.

For that as long as she didn't open it and kept the label the same *didn't get a new label* they should have marked it as rejected on the original tag and kept the original info in the system so the info should have stayed the same.
That's exactly what the woman did. Took the package, same tag and all, and wrote "REFUSED" on it and put it somewhere in the back. It was never repackaged or anything, and it DID come with a tracking number, but Verizon never emailed us confirmation.

Nothing got done today due to a loverly random storm and Jin was late getting home, so hopefully something can be done tomorrow with USPS. Although I think I might still need Verizon to tell me the original tracking number. I don't know how long they keep records. It's been a month since we refused it.

GipsyQueen

Hm thats odd... Though it does take AGES for them to get a refused package back to the original owner.

I sent Smkie a package during christmas time (2010) but they were never notifyed that they recieved a package. It went as refused/unclaimed and made it's merry way back to me. I sent the package December 6th (don't ask how I remember that) and it got back to me in JUNE. :eek:
I sent it with the German postal services so I assume it continued on with USPS.

Lyzelle

OKAY.

So we called Verizon this morning and asked if they had the tracking number. They said they didn't have it on file, couldn't give it to us, complete dead end like every other Rep had been telling us for the last week.

Off to the post office. Guy there says the tracking number should ABSOLUTELY be available, they just need the order number to find it. He says if Verizon tells us the same crap, call BS.

So we call Verizon back, get another rep who we have to explain the story to all over again. There's a pause and she says, "Well, that's stupid. Give me a second." And she pulls up EVERYTHING within 3 minutes flat. She says it was all right there on our file, she doesn't understand why anyone else couldn't help us. She can see the order number, tracking number, and where it says we refused it. It's been delivered to them, but the warehouse hadn't actually investigated anything for the last week because they received the phone as of May 7th. It's all RIGHT THERE. Which means everyone else at Verizon has been BSing us for the last week.

We're sitting in the Post Office parking lot doing victory arm pumps at that point.

So she has her supervisor get on the phone with the people at the warehouse and kick their butts into action. As is, it's looking like their screw up and the credit will be charged to our account. We're probably also be reimbursed the late fee we had to pay today.

It's amazing what can happen when you finally get someone doing their job! We didn't even have to get nasty. Just gave her the background info and she was ON IT. :D

Oh, and the date the phone was sent out? The BEGINNING of FEBRUARY!

But it seems everything is sorted now.

Thanks everyone for your info and such! It was a big help!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
You had BETTER be reimbursed that late fee!! You guys did absolutely nothing wrong.
UGH once again sorry you had to deal with Verizon customer service. The only way I ever got somewhere was finally to just ask for a supervisor. It was the same deal, I told her what the guy I had been talking to said and she was like "Oh my God, NO no no no... that is completely wrong." They are chock full of idiots.

At least it sounds like this whole mess is finally over for you!

Members online

No members online now.