Breed guesses

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Im begining to think that there is no Springer Spaniel in Keiko at all. I still see some Aussie. But she looks almost identical to my friends Boxer/Pointer mix. I do think she definately has more than two breeds in her.

Personality wise she is a pretty laid back girl. She can go and go when hiking/playing outside. But she is also fine to just lay around the house on a rainy day.

When she wrestles she uses her front paws alot to smack ect. She isn't very vocal. Good with kids, strangers, cats ect. She does like to chase birds and squirrels.

All around she's got a really sweet fun disposition.

She's about 40 lbs now that she has some weight put on her. She was 34 lbs when she was dropped off. Her back comes about to my knee and im 5'4 if that gives you an idea of her height.

Doesent matter to me what she is. Im just curious what everyone else see's in her.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
With the paw action, her head, and docked tail, I'd guess there's some boxer in there. Maybe with some Border Collie or Aussie mixed in.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Aussie yes, Boxer maybe...I'm trying to think of what would give that white splash across her back? Maybe it's Pointer?

MicksMom

Im begining to think that there is no Springer Spaniel in Keiko at all. I still see some Aussie. But she looks almost identical to my friends Boxer/Pointer mix...
Funny, I've never thought of any of those breeds when I see Keiko. Her face reminds me of JRT. She does look a little like a Pit mix in the third picture, tho.

...When she wrestles she uses her front paws alot to smack ect. She isn't very vocal. Good with kids, strangers, cats ect. She does like to chase birds and squirrels....

...All around she's got a really sweet fun disposition...
LOL That sounds a lot like Caleb.

Aussie yes, Boxer maybe...I'm trying to think of what would give that white splash across her back? Maybe it's Pointer?
I've seen Beagles and Bassets with a splash like that. I haven't seen any Pointers with it, tho. The white up her left hind leg reminds me of the Border Collie, Pete, in the Border Collie episode of Breed All About It. I'm really wondering if there's some Beagle and JRT in Keiko's mix.

PixieSticksandTricks

Thanks everyone for the guesses. I know for sure she has Aussie in her, because the woman who gave her up came to visit and brought Keiko's mother with her. She also had an unaltered Bernese Mountain dog with her.

A few more personality quirks.

She has no dog aggression/reaction at all. She is also extremely gentle and kissey with puppies and shy dogs.

She is also very "deer like" with the way she moves and jumps. Very graceful/girly.

Here is a couple more pictures of her.

Spotted Belly

Sleeping side shot (sorry about quality, my camera is dying)

F

FluffyZooCrew

She kinda looks like my Sam, and he has the spots on the belly. After getting Sam, I found dozens of "Beagle/Rat Terrier" mixes online, as I had no idea they were a "designer" breed called a Regal (barf). Sam is identical to just about every one out there that I've seen, which is what made us pretty positive he's a beagle/rat terrier mix. He's got the terrier energy, but the scent trailing of a beagle. So I'd say it's fit, LOL.

Your girl looks like she's mixed with beagle too, maybe beagle/aussie? Sam's not 40lbs, he's 20-something pounds, so he's on the smaller side.

F

FluffyZooCrew

Keiko has a lot more black than Sam does, as he has a lot of white on him.

Body shot:

Face shot:

And Sam also has the spots on his belly too:

PixieSticksandTricks

What about Catahoula in there guys? I had to take Maggie May for her rabies update and I brought Keiko too. My vet was very insistant that she has some Catahoula in her (He has two of his own). But im not sure.

Members online

No members online now.