Juno's limping!

I walked in the door after work tonight and knew something was up. Juno didn't greet me at the door like she normally does. She was laying in her crate, watching me walk in, and she was holding her leg in a strange way. My sister was texting me right then, to tell me that Juno was hurt.

I don't know if her leg is broken or if she pulled a muscle, tore a ligament, I'm not sure. My sister took her to the dog park tonight and said that she was just fine at the park, she didn't have any problems, ran around like normal, chased the ball. She said that no other dogs knocked her over or anything, nothing out of the ordinary happened and she was fine when she got home too. She noticed her limping about two hours later.

She can't seem to put weight on her paw. I picked her up and carried her outside to use the bathroom and she immediately laid down again in the grass. I finally got her to pee and I took her back downstairs and had my sister look at her paw because when I got home and tried to look at it with her just laying down, she cried and tried to bite me. She was still in my arms and let my sis look at the paw but she didn't like it. My sis said that she's okay with the arm being touched, she ran her hands all down it and she was fine, and she was okay with the pads of her feet being touched so it didn't appear to be a torn pad or anything. She didn't like the top of her foot being touched but she tolerated it. She tried to fight when my sis touched the ankle area where it goes from the bottom of her foot to her ankle. Her ankle looks swollen.

My sister's friend said that I should give it a few days before taking her to the vet, because it might just be a pulled muscle and she'll get over it, but I'm worried. She's keeping off of it and seems content to just lay down. If I have to take her to the vet I'll make it work in my budget, I just don't know what to do and I'm so worried. I need advice. Please help.

Last edited:

elegy

overdogged
I would take her in since she sounds so painful and unhappy. If she were acting normally but just limping, waiting might be appropriate, but since she doesn't want to bear weight on it and she is just lying around, I would have a vet see her soon.

Good luck!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That sounds like a lot more then a stone bruise or a strain. I would take her in too.

Members online

No members online now.