Breeds and Owners

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
This is something I've been thinking about since a conversation with Renee the other day where I told her she was the human equivalent of a Fila: protective of her family and wary of strangers. Since she owns a Fila the description seems fitting but I'm wondering if owners tend to be like their dogs or if they just happen to be owners that fit their chosen breed. Like, I could see Zoom as an Aussie in another life and Lizmo as a BC but I don't know if I'd say every member is like their pet so much as a compliment to their existing temperament...

Does that make any sense at all? I guess the question here is whether you guys think that breeds fit (good) owners because the dogs and people are alike or because the two compliment each other?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I am nothing like my paps at all, really. They're active, social butterflies and I'm just... not. I'm the kind of person to not have a small group of friends, they're everyone's instant best friend. My dogs want to meet every stranger in their path. Summer is svelt and sleek and fit and I'm not. I like to think we're all fairly smart, though. ;) I think we fit well because we're different.

Of any dogs, I was closest in personality to Nikki. I think if I were a dog, a sheltie would actually fit nicely... Moderate activity, relatively smart, not so keen on strangers, but very loyal and outgoing with my close friends. I also talk a LOT. :eek:

I've often thought that many of our members have similar personalities to our breeds . . . Take our Terrier people for example, lol! Tenacious, ready to go to ground and dig anything out, totally unafraid of confrontation but after it's over they're affable, rarely any personal grudges . . . :D

Zoom is totally an Aussie, lol!

I've always thought Sizzle and Ilsa were a lot alike. And Red is a perfect match with her dogs :)

And yah, I'm afraid I've a lot more character traits in common with Kharma than with Bimmer, although the two of them do have many common qualities -- Bimmer's basically "nicer" though. Kharma, as we all know, can be a bit of a bitch from time to time. Bimmer's who I wish I was in many ways. Kharma's who I am in reality. :eek:

I'll never be as happy or spontaneous by nature or circumstance as Tallulah.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I've thought this quite often, actually.

I'll take it as a compliment that I'm an Aussie. :D

Although if you believe those online "what dog are you" I'm actually a Chihuahua. :nono:

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
You have a naturally tail-free behind?

Seems that most people do have a breed they relate to directly even though another (Like Laur with paps) may be their pet breed at the moment. I like it, next I'm going to find pictures of each breed that remind me specifically of each member :rofl1: I'm starting with Renee and Zoom lol! It's not fair to do Sizzle if she's like Ilsa, she's got pictures of her dog-incarnate else already.

hmmm.... Renee watching her flock, I can't picture her as anything but a brindle:

(Forgive the fact that it's a picture of a brindle MALE lol)

And Zoom is a tie between:

Thoughtful if not a bit off-center and awesome

Romy

Taxiderpy
Oh Renee is so totally a fila.

Am I like a sighthound? hmmm....well I am lazy, hard to motivate, have one or two spastic bursts of energy a day, find it nearly impossible to gain weight, and am overly sensitive to criticism.....:rofl1:

Robert says all the time that they are just like me, and that's probably why I like them. To me they are easy to live with, because of the laid back couch potato-ness. We veg out together. It was hard keeping up with the GSDs constant desire for activities and busyness.

I think I am a bit like Maggie, except I don't freak out QUITE as much in social situations ;)

If I had to pick a breed that fits my personality, probably sheltie.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I'm a lot like Buster, I like set rules and I'd prefer people to just tell me what they expect from me from the start. I hate having decisions left up to me.
When there is conflict around me I generally just take off and find a quite place alone and when I'm hurting, I want to be by myself.
When I decide to act like an idiot... I really go all out, but I'm usually very, very reserved unless I'm around people I'm comfortable with, which puts me very at ease.

My sister fits in with Mac aswell. Little and loud and won't do as their told.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
But to me, paps are a lot more 'my' breed than shelties. I enjoy papillons a lot more (as a whole) than I do shelties. I have no idea what that says about me.

Bimmer's who I wish I was in many ways. Kharma's who I am in reality.
That's how it is for me, actually. I wish I was more of a papillon, but I'm a sheltie. ;) The thing that awes me about the paps are how just totally HAPPY they are all the time. How in tune they are with each other and people- even total strangers, how friendly they are and excited to meet someone knew, how ready they are for anything you throw at them....

I have to do things the sheltie way. When I meet someone it's more of I don't know you, I don't trust you. After you've won me, though, I'm totally different. I approach everything with caution and a lot of times, suspicion.

If everyone were papillons, the world would be a lot friendlier place. :lol-sign:

Dekka

Just try me..
I've often thought that many of our members have similar personalities to our breeds . . . Take our Terrier people for example, lol! Tenacious, ready to go to ground and dig anything out, totally unafraid of confrontation but after it's over they're affable, rarely any personal grudges . . . :D
Ahahahah ya thats me :D. Totally true about the personal grudges too.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I am all Akita...for my personal personality. The Beagles and Leo balance me out because they have more of the less serious, gentle nature...empathy and patience, that I lack.

I am all Akita...for my personal personality. The Beagles and Leo balance me out because they have more of the less serious, gentle nature...empathy and patience, that I lack.
Pfffftttt . . . You're so Cleo . . . you just don't want anyone to know it :p Right down to trying to fool us with by acting big and woolly :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.