I gots mah agilitysss...

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
YAY! So... Brendan finally took me to toysRus last night and I got some agility equipment. They didn't have any jumps but I got a set of weave poles and the tunnel with the collapsible chute. I was worried that the tunnel might be slightly small for Bamm but he went through it fine. I set up the tunnel with the chute last night and the first thing that happened was Goober came running up and ran through it. He stopped about halfway through the collapsible chute portion and freaked trying to figure out how to get out... HAHAHA... what a weird cat lol. Anyways... Bamm is going through just the tunnel portion right now but I'll eventually add the chute to it as well.

I haven't tried him on the weave poles yet... but I'm hoping that Brendan will set them up for me today while I'm at work so that I can work with him on them later.

I really want jumps too... but those will have to wait it seems.

Now I really want some good pics of Bamm weaving lol

lizzybeth727

Jumps are very easy to make yourself - just get a broom handle or any long stick, and prop it up on top of a stack of books or boxes.

Weave poles are almost always the most difficult obsticle for any dog, so for most people who take an agility class, that's really the only obsticle they need to buy to practice on at home. It's good that you could find one!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
That's pretty much what I tend to do for jumps... I usually use two chairs and a broomstick and have the chairs wide enough that if he jumped and nocked the broomstick that the broom would easily fall off and not get stuck on the chair and possibly injure him.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
ya my dog is about 21" high at the shoulders... he jumps extremely high sometimes... have you seen the pics of when Noludoru and I took him to the tennis courts and the next thing we new he was flying way over the tennis court nets?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Awesome! I just got my (teacup) agility set yesterday! I can't wait to get summer out there and try it out. Now we just need pictures of Bamm. ;)

DaVinci

I really want to sign up for agility class but I can't afford to be doing all that driving. So I guess we take an obedience class again. I live 42 miles one way from the class site. Maybe next time. Good luck with the weave poles.

Dekka

Just try me..
He so needs to be an agility dog.. look at that athleticism.

How are you going to train weaves?

Pam111

Good

Not related, but I saw a Bamm look-alike today at the vet's. Well, this dog was merle, but the body shape, ears, and everything were exactly like your dog.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
He so needs to be an agility dog.. look at that athleticism.

How are you going to train weaves?
Thanks. Hmmm... I'm not positive. He actually already pretty much knows the weaves since he's had some agility training prior to me adopting him. We just need to work a lot and touch up on stuff. He's been doing a lot of figure eights work between my legs since I didn't have weaves until now.

Members online

No members online now.