Any Aussies out there?

We had O'Reilly, a beautiful blue merle Aussie for many years. I brought him home from the humane society, after walking in and seeing the staff playing with this beautiful little 3 month old puppy while they had tears running down their cheeks. They were playing with him one last time before putting him down, because no one wanted a little puppy who'd been born blind. O'Reilly lived a long, eventful, happy, and useful life with many adventures (some I'd really rather he not have had - like the time he managed to get the gate open and wander out in the neighborhood in the snow; ever tried to find a mainly white dog in the snow - at night?), and passed away in his sleep this fall in his 16th year, well-loved and much mourned.

He was one marvelous, fearless, dog who was full of the joy of life.

dawnell

What a story!!---almost brought a tea to my eye. Thanks for sharing! :)

I currently have a three year old tri-merle and she's wonderul. My baby for sure.

My first exposure to Aussies was a neighbor who was a rodeo clown. He got a black Aussie pup he named Roscoe to work with him. The two of them were just inseparable. When Roscoe was a baby, Dean would crouch down and Roscoe loved to squirm up under Dean's shirt, climb up and stick his head out of the collar. Dean learned to leave an extra button undone! It was really funny when Roscoe got to be about 7 months old and didn't fit anymore. It never stopped him from trying! It was so much fun watching Dean work with Roscoe. I never got to see one of their intermission shows, but evidently they were pretty good, since Dean and Roscoe stayed busy all during the rodeo season.

I am an Aussie, come from Airlie beach, live in Germany.
I have heard a lot about Australian Shepherds, but still dont know what they are, a kelpie pehaps?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Patrick and Lino said:
I am an Aussie, come from Airlie beach, live in Germany.
I have heard a lot about Australian Shepherds, but still dont know what they are, a kelpie pehaps?
Nope Kelpies are a different breed. We don't have many Kelpie's here in the US. You should google Australian Shepherds and you can find a bunch of info on them.

The dog in my avatar is an Aussie. They have their own special place in my heart. Amazingly human, for dogs. Someday I'll be good enough to deserve one! ;)

cosmo_mom

I have a blue merle male puppy. He is just over 3 months old now, and he is great!! He is quite a handful, I will say, but smart as can be. We had an invisible fence installed last week and were told should take him a total of about 30 days to be fully trained. Well, all it took was one day, and he won't even chase the cats past his boundary, or go after anything that gets thrown over the boundary, including his favorite treats. We so far haven't even had to take to plastic covers off the prongs (which is how they get the little shock) He just hears the beeps and he backs right up. I'll try to post a picutre of him once I get home

yanya

Patches is a seven year old Austrailian Shepard/Blue Heeler Mix. She's a pretty good dog and keeps Kairi's big ol' ears clean for me. :p

Patrick and Lino said:
They're a bit differen that Kelpies, and believe it or not, they come from the USA (why they are called Australian Shepherds, I do not know). Kelpies are pretty rare in the united states.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
There is an Aussie for sale here... I'm sure evryone know my story if not go to the Welcome Forum, and go to the one that I created. But he is 8 months old and a black-tri and his name is Cowboy. He's for adoption!!! Lovely pup.

Members online

No members online now.