Seagle pulled out his stitches!

Saintgirl

Well yesterday morning Seagle had the big snip. Everything went wonderfully, he came home at dinner time last night and seemed a little tired, but otherwise his normal same old self. He wasn't at all interested in his stitches in the evening, didn't lick once. We asked at the vet if we should get him the elizabethan collar and they said keep an eye on him, but he hasn't shown any interest. Well, completely my fault, I should not have trusted the little bugger at all. His crate is in our bedroom and I woke up at 5 am to hear him licking and sprung out of bed- he had his 3 stitches out.

I called our emergency vet and they said that as long as his his incision was closed and did not look irritated he could wait until our regular vet opened in the morning IF WE MADE ABSOLUTLEY SURE HE STAYED CALM AND STILL AND DID NOT TOUCH HIS INCISION. Luckily his incision is small and isn't opened or irritated at all. SO I have been sitting up with Seagle on his leash sleeping on the couch beside me waiting to bring him back into the vet to have his stitches replaced. The little bugger, he will be stuck wearing the cone every second that we may not possibly be able to watch him. He sure will be one cranky little puppy for the next little while...

bubbatd

Those E-collars are a pain ... but a must sometimes . Sorry for you !!

Saintgirl

Hard lesson to learn! It's funny, when it comes to your own dogs sometimes your heart really gets the best of you. I felt so bad for the little bugger that I just wanted to let him rest comfortably. I should have known better because his middle name is TROUBLE!!! In the past I guess I have been lucky, my other dogs and cats and fosters have never pulled at their stitching after neutering. It's too bad that subcutaneous sutures were not used.

Members online

No members online now.