quesion

poeluvr

poe has his shots tag and a tag telling his name and where he lives, phone# and all but we got a panphlet i no my last dog had one cuz we had to get opne for him but what is a license tag?

Adrienne

From the city, it is registering your animal with the city, call your court house and they will tell you what to do.

Fran27

Or check online, do a search with your state and 'dog license', it's how I found the info for mine.

poeluvr

o i got a phanlet on it but i dont get whata license is for...cuz it says its for if they found them so they are not impounded but retourned..but my dog already has something with phon# and address..im gonna get him one just dont know what it is for?

Adrienne

In most states if your dog is picked up without a tag on that the city gives you you will have to pay a fine.

Y

yuckaduck

Lea you live in Ontario and here it is law that all dogs be registered with their township. So I don't know where in Ontario you live but for me Yukon is registered and licensed through City of Clarence/Rockland. If you live in Ottawa then it would be city of Ottawa. It is so if the dog catcher ever gets your dog for any reason they can track down the owner right away.

Julie

I am back again.
Lea,
If you live in city limits, you pay city and county taxes on your dogs.
If you live outside city limits you only pay county taxes on your dogs.
Then they give you your tag which must be on the dogs collar.

To answer your question, It is so you pay a tax on every dog you have.
The gov. can make some money on each dog you own.

They can also trace your number if dog gets lost or causes damage.

If you don't pay the taxes and get the tag, if your dog would get picked up, then you can be fined.

Julie.

Y

yuckaduck

Julie said:
Lea,
If you live in city limits, you pay city and county taxes on your dogs.
If you live outside city limits you only pay county taxes on your dogs.
Then they give you your tag which must be on the dogs collar.

To answer your question, It is so you pay a tax on every dog you have.
The gov. can make some money on each dog you own.

They can also trace your number if dog gets lost or causes damage.

If you don't pay the taxes and get the tag, if your dog would get picked up, then you can be fined.

Julie.
In Ontario it is a $90.00 + the price of the tag + any board fees if the dog has been picked up.

yuckaduck said:
In Ontario it is a $90.00 + the price of the tag + any board fees if the dog has been picked up.
Not quite that simple Yuckaduck. Every municipality is different. Here in Guelph, a spayed/neutered, microchipped dog (after March 1st) is $40.00 I believe...unless it's a new dog, in which case you pay the pre-march 1st fee of $20.00. Oshawa will likely have it's very own little shopping list to identify what the license will cost.

Edit:
From the city of Guelph's web-site:
Description Before March 1 2005* After March 1 2005
Spayed or neutered and microchipped $10.00 $30.00
Spayed or neutered and not microchipped $20.00 $40.00
Unspayed or unneutered and microchipped $20.00 $40.00
Unspayed or unneutered $30.00 $60.00
Replacement tags $5.00 $25.00
Kennel license (microchipped dogs) $50.00 $70.00
Kennel license (not microchipped) $100.00 $120.00
Guide dogs no charge $20.00

Sorry, but I'm too lazy to line up all the numbers.

Okay, I was bored so I looked up Oshawa's licensing fees. This is directly from the city of Oshawa's web-site.

License Fee Schedule: Dogs and Cats Rates Rates
A Dog or cat with proof of spay/neuter/proof of annual rabies vaccine/proof of microchip $15 for lifetime
B Dog or cat with proof of spay/neuter/proof of annual rabies vaccine $10 annually
C Dog or cat with proof of spay/neuter $25 annually
D Dog or cat unaltered/proof of annual rabies vaccine/proof of microchip $25 for lifetime
E Dog or cat unaltered/proof of annual rabies vaccine $40, cost rises by $5 per annum
F Dog or cat unaltered $45, cost rises by $5 per annum
G Special Needs Dogs No Charge

Y

yuckaduck

AndrewF said:
Not quite that simple Yuckaduck. Every municipality is different. Here in Guelph, a spayed/neutered, microchipped dog (after March 1st) is $40.00 I believe...unless it's a new dog, in which case you pay the pre-march 1st fee of $20.00. Oshawa will likely have it's very own little shopping list to identify what the license will cost.

Edit:
From the city of Guelph's web-site:
Description Before March 1 2005* After March 1 2005
Spayed or neutered and microchipped $10.00 $30.00
Spayed or neutered and not microchipped $20.00 $40.00
Unspayed or unneutered and microchipped $20.00 $40.00
Unspayed or unneutered $30.00 $60.00
Replacement tags $5.00 $25.00
Kennel license (microchipped dogs) $50.00 $70.00
Kennel license (not microchipped) $100.00 $120.00
Guide dogs no charge $20.00

Sorry, but I'm too lazy to line up all the numbers.
Wow that is cheap if the dog catcher catches your dog and it has no tag it is that cheap to get it back. Here in Clarence Rockland if your dog has no tag it is a $90 fine for a dog with no tag and then they make you buy a tag and if the dog was picked up you pay boarding fees as well.

Here to buy a tag before Mar31 it is $15 per dog and after Mar 31 it is $25 per dog whether spayed/neutered age don't matter that is the price. Every year never changes no discounts for extra dogs. Cats don't need to be registered here at all. THey don't ask about shots or anything but they do hold annual rabies clinics to encourage that vaccine.

Julie

I am back again.
Where I live it is only $7.00 per dog for the city/county license
I believe it is only $4.00 per dog for county only.

Doesn't matter breed, sex, or altered. there used to be a discount for altered but no more.

Now if you don't get the license then you can be fined, but not sure what that is.

Julie.

poeluvr

well in my panphlet it says a licensefor me is 30 $
it cost 150 bucks to neuter him...wen i do

Members online