Is this a purebred?

Picklepaige

This guy is at my local shelter. Obviously has Shar Pei in him, but do you think he is purebred? We've had a litter of purebred Shar Pei dropped off before, so it's not impossible that he's from the same "breeder."

Any opinions? Suggestions for breed rescues?

To me, he's far within the region of "pure by BYB standards", not conformation quality, but there's enough Pei in there I don't think you need to list him as a mix. Really cute too BTW!

Aleron

To me, he's far within the region of "pure by BYB standards", not conformation quality, but there's enough Pei in there I don't think you need to list him as a mix. Really cute too BTW!
I agree with this too. He's certainly "Pei enough" :)

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
He could be pure...but to me it looks like he is either the product of poor breeding or has a little something else in his background.

He sure is cute.

Up here we have a rescue called Shar Pei savers. There is Florida Shar Pei rescue...

You could go and post him on the Shar Pei forum there are a number of people that are active in pei rescue from all over.

http://www.sharpeiforums.com/index.php

He's such a squidgy-squidgy boo. Perhaps not the best bred Pei, but a Pei indeed. I'm by no means a authority on the breed but he looks d@mn like a pure one to me.

Members online

No members online now.