OMG! Came accross an amazing deal. Got a new DSLR!

S

Squishy22

Some of you know that I've been looking around for used cameras. I had my beloved Nikon D40 stolen the other month, so I was looking for a camera to replace it.

I came across a D50 for $320 and a 4 year old D70 for $400. I looked at some reviews on the internet and I kept on coming back to the D40. The one thing that I really did not like about the D40 is that it is slow to focus sometimes, and thats when I started reading up on the Canon EOS digital rebel XT, which is faster than the D40, but still kind of in the same price range.

The D40 retails at $450 at walmart and the Rebel retails at $550. So I went to walmart today to take a look and to my amazement they have the Rebel on clearance and the price tag was only $299!! WOW.

I have now stepped out of the Nikon bubble, lol. I REALLY love this canon, a little more than my Nikon I had (though still a great camera). And the manual is easier to understand, which is a plus.

I know chaz is filled with Nikon fans, but does anyone else have a Rebel here? I am thoroughly impressed with the thing so far. Dont get me wrong, I still loved my Nikon as well and it produced some amazing shots... just slow.... The only real drawback.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
All the girls in the photography club at my school have canon rebels (students at my school get a discount) and they LOVE their cameras and they do take AMAZING pictures :)
ive played around with them and they are AMAZING cameras :)

Saje

Island dweller
I used two of them for the last paper I worked for. Two years of rebel use! Decent camera. I like my d70 more and the d40 was quite similar but I still like Nikon for me. GLad you got such a good deal. And a warranty :D

S

Squishy22

Yeah, I couldn't pass a deal up like that. Its GREAT to have a warranty as well. Cant keep my hands off of this thing either.

Something WAY annoying that happened today... I bring this camera home only to find out that it is missing the battery from its box. So I have to go all the way back to exchange my camera for one that has all its parts. At the price they were being sold at, I was lucky that there was another one left. So I get home with the second camera and I'm all ready to fire it up only to find out that I lost my new memory card that I just bought during my first trip to wal-mart. GAH!! All I wanted to do it try out my new camera and I couldnt even do that much, LOL. Luckily I found the card 30 minutes later. :rolleyes:

chanda

that's really a great buy... im also looking around because i want to buy a new dslr too...

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I have the Canon EOS 400D and I LOVE it... I didn't chose it, it was a gift from my daddy, but still I think it rocks!

Congrats on the new camera, no excuses for lack of pictures now! ;)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I have a Canon EOS rebel K2.... although its film, not digital. I love it. I didn't chose the camera, (it's technically my mom's) it was bought from my sister. We are looking into at some point getting a digital one, but this one we find really good for my scrap booking and such.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I've used a Rebel XSi before. It's very nice. :)

Definitally a camera I'd consider one day.

S

Squishy22

This is my first time using a rebel and its just an amazing camera for those who are getting their first SLR camera (the XT that is). The Nikon D40 is also another good one for beginners.

I was nervous getting anything other than a D40, but my expectations have been exceeded with the Rebel.

I love my new toy, and I've been taking pics like crazy. Got some good ones of Lily and Madison. My next victim is Truffles.

Pam111

Yep, I have that camera too. It hurts sometimes to see how much prices drop. I paid soo much for it a few years ago :D
I have the film Rebel, too. I've had it since 2000.

S

Squishy22

Thanks everyone. And I am sure to keep a good eye on this one. I was beyond upset after my D40 was stolen. I'm just glad I have a good camera again. Didnt expect to get such a great deal, thats for sure. I had to read the price tag twice to make sure I wasnt seeing things. I thought it was a mistake.

Pam, I know what you mean. I paid more for my crappy P&S camera than I did for my D40. Only to find out that I could have gotten it $200 cheaper if I looked elsewhere. This was a few years ago when I bought my very first camera.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I really can't believe how cheap DSLR's are now... Ian was looking into getting one back when he was in high school (about 6-8 years ago) and there were barely any consumer models... and they were around $2000.

Members online

No members online now.