R.I.P Dakota

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
As most Chazzers know, I found Dakota on my doorstep a few months ago. He was a kuvasz and I fell in love with him. So I kept him and he got along great with my 2 other dogs and him and Harley became best friends. He was an angel. Until one day, he ran outside and got hit by a car. He didn't die, although he was injured. He had a bone fracture but he would be better by christmas time. Last night I felt something moving on my bed and there was Dakota having a seizure so I waited until the seizure was over and I rushed him to the vet. The vet said that he had a brain tumor and that it would just get bigger. If I decided to bring him home, he would continue having seizures like this but they would get worse and he would be in pain. The vet gave him 3 months to live. So I decided that the option of putting him down would be easier for him and I know now that he is in a better place.

I think that this is a result of a backyard breeder because a real breeder would have some sort of guarantee on their dogs. Of course, I didn't know this when I found him, but I am still heartbroken.

R.I.P DAKOTA
MY LITTLE ANGEL

M

Manchesters

Sorry to hear about this. How large was the tumor on the xray? Did you see the xray of the tumor for yourself? Many dogs develop epilepsy as the result of a trauma-----such as getting hit by a car.

Sorry to hear you had him put to sleep.

nedim

Serious I'm so sorry to hear that! You did the responsible thing and saved Dakota unecessary suffering.

R.I.P Dakota

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's so sad! :( At least you know you saved him a lot of pain and confusion later on.

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Manchesters said:
Sorry to hear about this. How large was the tumor on the xray? Did you see the xray of the tumor for yourself? Many dogs develop epilepsy as the result of a trauma-----such as getting hit by a car.

Sorry to hear you had him put to sleep.
The tumour was about the size of a baby's fist and he was only a few months old.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
I am sooo sorry about your lost Sirius. I knowit was for the best and i wish you the best through this time. Remember he is better and is with his doggy friends now :D

Zeus

Beware... i may bite
Sorry to hear of your loss, it's so sad when they leave us no matter which way they go. The only thing that can comfort you is knowning that he's gone too a better place.

bogolove

I am so sorry to hear about Dakota. I know this is a hard time for you, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm in tears. I'm so sorry to hear about Dakota. I know he wasn't with you very long, but somehow there must have been a reason for him to spend his time on this earth with you. You have a good heart and he knew you would do the right thing for him. I just know that Dakota is in doggie heaven watching over you now like you watched over him. My heart goes out to you.

my2girls

Sirius ~ I'm really sorry to hear about Dakota! I can't imagine how hard that had to be for you. I think it was the right thing to do, rather than to let him suffer though.

Jamie

Sirius -- that tumor sounds like it was huge and very aggressively growing. You did the right thing and didn't let Dakotah suffer. That's the best gift you could have given him. RIP, sweet Dakotah...

keyodie

Keyozilla
I'm so sorry Sirius...but you did the right thing. I have no idea how you feel right now, since Charlie is my first dog, but trust me I know it must be so hard on you. I'm so sorry! He is waiting, watching over you right now. He's waiting for you to live your life to the fullest, and he doesn't want you to be sad...you did the right thing. One day, you'll play with him again.

I'm so sorry!!!

IlUvMyAnImAlZ05

Cats&Dogs r what I live 4
I am very sorry... That's very sad.. I had to put the dog I luved down a couple of years ago.. Atleast we know there in a dream land now and theyre so happy!
Mandy

Members online