Ewww.....from our bloodline?....don't think so!!

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
Today I stayed home from work because this guy was bringing a male dog over who was supposed to be out of our foundation *****: Like A Firecraker (callname: Annie) but he had no papers the guy didn't want him anymore and claims he will hunt and we take in anything that is out of our bloodlines even if we don't intend to keep them we find a good home for them

Anywho this guy pulls up and takes this dog out of the dog box and it looks like 1/2 basset 1/2 beagle he defintely looks like he is not of our breeding program and if it is out of our stock what were we thinking???? we really don't know if he is out of our bloodlines because he has no papers and he should have had some if he is out of our stock

We will keep him though and see how he hunts and we already have someone who is willing to take him his name is Hunter (how inronic) and he is kind of cute

Huh? I'm not following. What bloodline is this guy saying Hunter's out of? Why would you breed back to the same bloodline? Can you clarify the breed(s) we're talking about and what your goals are with the breeding?

Oh, I reread your message and it looks like you were taking in a rescue dog? And had no intent to breed him? What was the breed "supposed" to be, anyway?

wildwings811

Clairification

My husband and I breed field Beagles and my husband started out with two dogs FCh LJK's Wild West Show (Tyson) tri-colored dog(now deceased) and Like A Firecracker (Annie) tri-colored ***** (still alive) but now ten years old and retired (from breeding anyways) he has kept only their bloodlines so most of our dogs have one or both of these dogs in their pedigree somwhere from time to time we do, do some outcrossing

Hunter who is supposed to be out of Like A Firecraker (Annie) came to us the problem is I really don't think he is out of her because for one he looks nothing like any of the pups from litters we bred and he has no papers proving he is from her the man said he had papers but can't find them (go figure) and he bought him from some other guy who supposidly bought the pup from us he couldn't remember his name and I have no idea who this guy would be we keep pretty good track of who buys our pups but the biggest problem with hunting dogs is they often change hands many times in their life

The reason we took him in is because he was supposed to be out of our foundation ***** and we are always willing to take in any dog who has our dogs blood because for one we like to see what they have produced when the pups are older and we usually have no problem finding them great hunting homes ecspecially since the combination of Tyson and Annie has produced over 10 FCh Annie herself has produced 8 FCh (without Tyson) and Tyson has produced over 20 FCh

OIC... sounds like this guy either didn't have his facts straight or just wanted to dupe you into taking Hunter? How is he... think this will work out that you can at least place him? I love this part:

wildwings811 said:
I really don't think he is out of her because for one he looks nothing like any of the pups from litters we bred and he has no papers proving he is from her the man said he had papers but can't find them
:rolleyes: Hmmmm... :rolleyes:

wildwings811

I am sure that we can find him a great home we are going to see how he hunts this weekend when my husband has time he seems like a nice dog although I have to say he is ugly in a cute sort of way lol:) he looks like a basset that was on steroids he has really long legs and he is pretty bulky

If we can't place him with a hunting home (which I don't think we will have a problem we have a long waiting list for already started dogs) we will place him with some one as a pet he is barking alot but I think that is because he is home sick :( poor guy

But we will take good care of him we plan to worm and vaccinate him in the morning then on Friday I will take him into the clininc and have him checked for heart worms and neutered so we know he does not produce any more "ugly" hunters lol:) just kiding

bubbatd

I personally don't feel this needs to be in this form ..... I don't think he plans to brred the dog...at less, hope not .

Saje

Island dweller
I think it's fine here. She's talking about her bloodlines and showing how responible she is for taking him back.

I think you've got a big heart Wildwings to take in a dog like that. He'll probably have a better future in your hands.

Sheba

I W A L R
Saje said:
I think it's fine here. She's talking about her bloodlines and showing how responible she is for taking him back.

I think you've got a big heart Wildwings to take in a dog like that. He'll probably have a better future in your hands.
Yes!!!!

Y

yuckaduck

Congradulations for being so responsible it is hard to find that. Good luck with Hunter.

I think this is as good a spot as any.

wildwings811

Good news for Hunter he has a home with a family not a hunting home he was neutered and went home this afternoon with a women they have two children and they just adore him

We took him into the starting pen to see if he would hunt and no luck he was no hunter by any stretch of the imagination :)

Ash47

Taco Dog
So, do you know if he was actually from your lines or what?? And that's wonderful news that he got a home, regardless.

Y

yuckaduck

Yes wonderful news and I have a new found respect for you for re homing a dog that may never have been yours to re home. You must really love dogs in general. Thank you!

wildwings811

We believe that he was not from our kennel

Irregardless he still needed a home and we found him one and they just love him to death :)

Members online