The Venting Thread

crazedACD

OH MY GOD PLEASE JUST LEARN TO SCIENCE BEFORE SPOUTING OFF ON FACEBOOK LIKE YOU KNOW THINGS!!!! Vaccinating your dog does NOT turn your dog into a carrier for the diseases you vaccinated against!
Some believe that vaccinated dogs "shed" the vaccine/disease. So if you take a dog that has never been vaccinated, and titer it, it will show antibodies against those diseases that other dogs around them have been vaccinated for. So as long as every dog is vaccinated but yours, you can get away with it :p. Makes sense :p

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Apologizes for replying so late.
Prom?! I totally thought you were in your 20s for some reason. Wow! (Sorry about the no date thing, though :()
I get that a lot on the internet(which is good), but it's the exact opposite in real life.I look a lot younger than I am.

Yeah, THIS! And when the heck
Is prom? It's
The
Beginning of march!

I know it means nothing now because the "right now" is everything but 5 years
From now... Prom will mean very little. 10 years from now
Prom will mean nothing. 15 years from now... Wait... Prom? What is that?

Never had a
Prom, went to
Prom... I don't think we had a prom but not sure. But what happened when
I was in highschool means NOTHING now lol. Right now it means everything to you in the moment. A few years from now if you had a date to
Prom... You probably won't even be friends with him on facebook!
Though,it matters to me now, because I do want to go to prom. But it isn't a burning desire. It probably won't matter later in life, but I got to keep telling myself that.
At my school people already have there dresses, & know who there going with. We already an assembly explaining prom.

I do agree though it's early.

I totally went to prom by myself when I was a senior ;) I had a blast. We actually went as a group, but I was the only single one.
Me & few friends we're thinking about this, but one of the recently got asked out to prom, & the others aren't sure if there Prom yet. Hopefully, something will pop up.

One of my friends isn't going for sure, so if I don't end up going, we'll probably be doing something together.

I know it sucks. I was in the same boat four years ago - and my school was hardcore about "prom asking." It was a bit of a pride/ego thing for the guys to have the biggest "asking" of sorts...

I vividly remember sitting there, having to smile and laugh and act excited as many of my friends got asked to prom via showy displays of flowers or banners or serenades (yes, it was a weird, quite nerdy school). I didn't end up getting asked to prom. I had a severely limited number of male friends at the time and no boyfriend. At the time it was upsetting and frustrating. What made it even more upsetting and frustrating was having to put on a happy face for my friends. I can totally relate.

But you know what? I went to prom anyway. I found a handful of friends - some of whom had dates, some of whom didn't - and we went out to dinner and attended the dance. I had a great time - honestly, I probably had a better time dancing with my friends than those girls who went with guys that they didn't know too well.

And four years later - having never dated at all in high school - I have a fantastic boyfriend who I wouldn't trade for the world.

Things have a way of working out. I know it sucks now, but if you grin and bear it, you'll get through. And you never know what the next few years will bring :)
My school is hardcore for asking too. While people already have dates, there's still guys who ask out girls.
I don't even have a guy friend, I talk them here, & there, but I have no guy friend. There is the one guy who always compliments me, & says hi to me. So that the closet to as guy friend I have.The one guy who I know had crush on me, transferred schools.

My senior year, I totally went with a guy whom I didn't even really like just so I could have a date. (Well, I liked him as a friend well enough, but at this point he wanted a relationship and I didn't so everything was just...awkward.) I would have much rather have gone single than with someone who was "meh" on my radar. I ended up hanging out with my friends more so than my date, which was probably really bad of me...

And don't feel like whether you have a date to prom is foreshadowing your future. I was never in a relationship through high school or college (went out on a few dates, but I didn't feel the connection) and then Michael came along. I think my parents about fell over from shock when I brought him home. I asked my mom if she thought I was going to be the first of her kids to get married and she said, "Actually, no. I never thought it would happen." LOL (I honestly didn't either.)
For the majority of guys in my school, I have no desire to go to prom with them There is this one guy who I have major crush on. I'm extremely shy, so even saying "hi" is difficult. lol. I've told a few that I do like him, & they all suggest for me to ask him out. I don't even know him,I've never really talked to him.So, that would just be weird to ask him out without ever talking to him

And yes, I should start telling myself that prom doesn't really foreshadow anything. It can be difficult though. Just got to keep telling myself not dating in HS & not having a date to prom doesn't mean I won't date later in life

Thanks to everyone who replied, made me feel much better. It help me a lot too.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Mehhh I didn't go to prom. I didn't want to, so it was fine lol... got asked to go by a guy I didn't want to go with anyway (nice enough guy, just didn't want there to be expectations), and my closest friends didn't go either. Maybe I'd have been upset if it was something I was really looking forward to, but 5 years later it's like... prom? Does anyone remember or care? Lol try not to stress over it.

GipsyQueen

Quiet you, I'll be 33 when I graduate vet school. I took the scenic route.
I'm studying architectur - I'm pretty sure Vet school will get you a better job than an architectur degree. :p

THAT said, I don't want to study Architektur as a masters. (something to do with it, obviously, but not architectur.) I probably feel unmotivated because I don't actually NEED a masters degree to get a job... because I can become a full fledged architect with my bachlors degree. My BA is a 4-year-program .. the standard is 3, and wouldn't qualify me without my MA.

On the other hand the real world sucks. :p Can I just become a dogsitter forever?

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I twisted my knee. In a dressing room. How does that even happen? I turned my body and it's like my knee tried to follow.

My knee is so ****ed up. Drives me nuts.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Apologizes for replying so late.

I get that a lot on the internet(which is good), but it's the exact opposite in real life.I look a lot younger than I am.

Though,it matters to me now, because I do want to go to prom. But it isn't a burning desire. It probably won't matter later in life, but I got to keep telling myself that.
At my school people already have there dresses, & know who there going with. We already an assembly explaining prom.

I do agree though it's early.

Me & few friends we're thinking about this, but one of the recently got asked out to prom, & the others aren't sure if there Prom yet. Hopefully, something will pop up.

One of my friends isn't going for sure, so if I don't end up going, we'll probably be doing something together.

My school is hardcore for asking too. While people already have dates, there's still guys who ask out girls.
I don't even have a guy friend, I talk them here, & there, but I have no guy friend. There is the one guy who always compliments me, & says hi to me. So that the closet to as guy friend I have.The one guy who I know had crush on me, transferred schools.

For the majority of guys in my school, I have no desire to go to prom with them There is this one guy who I have major crush on. I'm extremely shy, so even saying "hi" is difficult. lol. I've told a few that I do like him, & they all suggest for me to ask him out. I don't even know him,I've never really talked to him.So, that would just be weird to ask him out without ever talking to him

And yes, I should start telling myself that prom doesn't really foreshadow anything. It can be difficult though. Just got to keep telling myself not dating in HS & not having a date to prom doesn't mean I won't date later in life

Thanks to everyone who replied, made me feel much better. It help me a lot too.
I was backward, I had tons of male friends and was asked about five or six times (for most or elementary school and some of junior high I was an outcast, but once I started getting pretty and tall ... That changed lol). But my best friend and I went together instead ... And had more fun anyway :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm in the midst of a horrific depressive episode and am willing to try nearly anything to shake it.

Including going running at 9:30am the weekend we Spring Forward the clocks...

Saeleofu

Do I haaaaaaave to set my clock ahead tonight? I kind of like it better when we go back in time.
This. I really REALLY don't like jumping forward in time. I spent about 2 hours today scheduling EVERYTHING or the next several weeks and setting timers/reminders. I mean EVERYTHING from getting up to going to bed and all the stuff in the middle. Because I know if I don't, I'll be timesick, and I'll be miserable, and zero things will get done. I'm hoping the adderall helps this time around, and I might even have to go back to melatonin at night for a few weeks.

Do not want.

Good news is I learned how to make Google Calendar send me text messages to remind me of ****, yay!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
US is already setting their clocks forward? We're not setting ours until the 30th...

Yup unfortunately. To make it worse my boss scheduled me a closing/opening shift. I worked till about 8 last night. Was supposed to be off around 6 but had 40 dogs boarding and only two of us working so it took forever. On top of that I had over an hour drive home, hard time falling asleep and had to be up by 3:30am to come back to work. I'm half asleep right now, still have 40 dogs here to take care of and again there are only 2 people scheduled.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Apparently after doing low/no carbs for a few weeks I'm not very much intolerant to them. And I have to learn this the hard way. Sooooo sick. XD

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
This. I really REALLY don't like jumping forward in time. I spent about 2 hours today scheduling EVERYTHING or the next several weeks and setting timers/reminders. I mean EVERYTHING from getting up to going to bed and all the stuff in the middle. Because I know if I don't, I'll be timesick, and I'll be miserable, and zero things will get done. I'm hoping the adderall helps this time around, and I might even have to go back to melatonin at night for a few weeks.

Do not want.

Good news is I learned how to make Google Calendar send me text messages to remind me of ****, yay!
On that note, phones update to DST automatically, right? Because that's the only clock I have here, my phone ... Well and the direct tv clock on the guide when the tv is on lol

k9krazee

I went and tried on bridesmaid dresses yesterday for my friends wedding in September. I hate dress shopping. And being the fattest girl in the wedding party. Blah

Members online

No members online now.