Zen Is Missing

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Please keep him and us in your thoughts. Sometime in the past 12 hours Zen has snuck outside. He is not an outdoor cat, though he is microchipped and does have all his shots. He has snuck out a few times in the past but has always shown up when breakfast is served. I have been out mulitple times calling him and shaking his food. Nothing. Sheena has even done a search for him and nothing. She is trained to find him when he is hiding around the house in his various spots. If he is not back by morning we will be calling the shelters, and posting ads up. This is not like him at all. And with the cold weather I am very worried about warm car engines and antifreeze.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
THanks. Doug walked the alley when he got home for lunch. Talked to a few neighbours too and they are going to be on the look out as well. He is such a friendly cat that someone could easily just take him home and keep him. I am worried sick. This waiting sucks. The hardest part is we don't know when he snuck out. Whether he snuck out when the dogs were taken for their last potty at midnight last night, or when Doug took them out first thing this morning or when he left for work. With him being blind in one eye he doesn't always see when Zen is planning to sneak out and he feels awful about it. I have told him it is not his fault but he still feels bad.

Doberluv

I'm so sorry. That is so worrying. My neighbor's young cat disappeared a few weeks ago. I heard coyotes yipping in the field behind my house and feared the worst. Then last night, she said that the cat came back...was hanging out at someone else's house. He came home and they let him out to pee and he's again disappeared. Hopefully, your guy will show up again too. They often do, even after quite a while. Vibes being sent.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Thanks you guys. I cried when Doug came home. Many years ago(about 15yrs ago) one of my cats got poisoned. He died under someones porch. At that time I was ok with letting a cat out during the day thinking that was "normal" and safe. Ever since that day I stopped allowing my cats outside without a leash.

For those who don't know here is what Zen looks like:

This was taken for our Holiday Cards

Zen is about a year and a half now. He and Luna are the best of playmates. Luna has been looking all over the house for him because they always have an hour of morning "catch me if you can" and then wrestle play session.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Thanks. Checking the link now. He is microchipped(so glad we did that, Doug didn't see the reason too since he was an indoor cat and this is exactly why I told him we had too. Just in case). So if anyone takes him to a vet, takes him to a shelter or rescue and he is scanned our info is there. He is also neutered too. Sorry for rambling. I am just so stressed right now.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Thanks for the support guys. Still no sign of him. It is snowing heavily right now out there. There was very little on the ground this morning. Plus side it means I will be able to see tracks if he is walking around out there. Bad side is that it is cold and he will most likely be hiding somewhere out of the weather.

Zen seems to know that Doug some how is not as observant as I am. He has not escaped on me since he was about 6 or so months old. It is harder for Doug though since one whole side of his vision is not there. Zen will skirt out always behind him and on that side. How he knows I do not know, but he seems too. When he did it was a simple matter of Doug going out and calling to him unless he was being really stuborn and then Doug or I would grab some food and he would come right away. I hope he is just hiding from the weather and will show up soon.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Sending (((((COMEHOMEZEN))))) vibes and ((((BIGHUGS))))) It's so scary.
I hope he comes home really, really soon.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
ZEN IS HOME!!!!! Just after I posted that Sheena started barking madly at the door. Went to the door and called him and could not hear anything. Sheena shoved her way out, ran to the side of the garage and there was Zen sitting and shivering and crying. Poor guy. His tracks show he was somewhere down the alley. And he did get into a fight. He has a few scratches but those are minor and yes he has had a through going over. By me, Sheena and Luna is camped out in the bathroom next to the shelf where Zen is chowing down on his duck. Thanks so much everyone for all the support. I can breath now.

I just read this thread and I am soooo very glad it has such a happy ending! Yay!!!!!!!

My upstairs neighbor has a psychopathic teen who kicked her cat, Isis, out three days ago. I've a trap set up, baited with tuna and covered with the kitty's momma's blanket, but this is the third or fourth time the kid has done this, and the second time we've used the trap in the last couple of months, so I don't have much hope. I'm praying hard, though!

AC

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, YAYYY! :D
I was so afraid your last post was a "He's still missing" post, and to see "Zen is home!" made me so relieved. I was really worried about him. not nearly as much as you were, I'm sure, but I thought about him even when I was reading last night.

Members online

No members online now.