NoVa Chazzers!

Dreeza

Hey guys!

I just moved to Arlington, and don't really know too many people here. Figured I'd see if anyone on here is interested in a meetup? Doesn't have to be anything complicated or official (unless we want to do that...then I'm sure we can make it work!)

Anyways, let me know if you're in the area & would like to hangout!

Dekka

Just try me..
I'm with Chazz in this case, although I agree about the salt content of salmon belly. Nova is too soft and offers nothing in the way of flavor to sit on a bagel. It may well be a piece of plastic for my taste.
Might want to read before you post..

NoVA.. Place not a thing and not edible.

WhittyB958

Enjoying the puppy life!
I'm in! My puppy wont be here until August 20th, but it would be nice to meet you lovely people :)

I am in Fairfax. Hello fellow Nova'erssss...

CaliTerp07

Perhaps we should start planning now.

What about the weekend of August 20th-21st or 27th-28th? That should give people time to clear their schedules...

As for activities...depending how far people want to go...

Dogs + Peaches = YUM Dog Days Peach Festival 2011 - Virginia Is For Lovers

Pups in the park! (September 24th) Group Events | nationals.com: Tickets

Dogfest 2011 (in Baltimore in October, so not really feasible for this but so fun and worth putting on your calendar that I'm telling you about it now) DogFest 2011: Baltimore Humane Society

Olde Towne Dogge Walke in September Animal Welfare League of Alexandria: Dogge Walke

Apparently Fairfax and Arlington are devoid of activities right now.

The easy thing is just to go on a hike, though it's going to still be nasty humid in August probably :( Anyone have a better idea? Or know any good trails involving water and lots of shade? Or have a giant fenced in property and just want to invite us all over? :D

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I know the 20th is my birthday so I'll be busy that weekend. The 27th or 28th would probably work for me though.

I'm totally up for any ideas and any of the events above. I don't have a car right now unless Josh comes with, but if he's working I can probably carpool with someone if they're willing to take me along. Provided Cricket isn't in heat (I swear everytime I think she's going into heat she just doesn't) then I'll be bringing her with me. I'll have to leave Bamm at home since being around tons of dogs would be a bit too much for him.

Dreeza

27th or 28th would also work for me! I'll be in Savannah the weekend of the 20th, so wouldn't be able to do that.

WhittyB958

Enjoying the puppy life!
Sadly I wouldn't be able to do the 27th, because of Bruce's vaccinations. HOWEVER if you guys do September I will absolutely come.

:) Great idea to do a meet up for our area!

CaliTerp07

Okay, just found out about this...I will be here! Saturday, August 27th in Shirlington:

Don’t Miss Wags ‘N Whiskers on August 27

If anyone would like to join, we can find a time to meet up. I will probably go to the Shirlington dog park before to try to get Lucy's zoomies out before the event, and then walk around with her in the afternoon. Any interest in joining, anyone?

WhittyB958

Enjoying the puppy life!
What a great idea! I may actually go with my fiancee to look at stuff to buy for Bruce, since we couldn't take him due to vaccines! hehe.

If you do go, I'd love to meet up and say hello!

Also, I know there is a few places in the area that do doggie activities around Halloween. It would be something fun for me to do- before the wedding! (Oct. 29th) if you guys are interested I could research!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Okay, just found out about this...I will be here! Saturday, August 27th in Shirlington:

If anyone would like to join, we can find a time to meet up. I will probably go to the Shirlington dog park before to try to get Lucy's zoomies out before the event, and then walk around with her in the afternoon. Any interest in joining, anyone?
I want to goooooo :)

Amber

Hmm I really want to try and get to that! I'll see if Junior's feeling like behaving. :p

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Is there anyone who would be willing to carpool to that event? I don't have a car yet and josh will probably be working and have the truck. Sweet? Nolu? Are either of you planning to go?

milos_mommy

If you guys meet on a weekend in September that isn't the 17th, I might travel to NoVa for it.

Dreeza

I definitely want to come...just waiting to hear back from my job...I might have to help out with these ballet screenings on that sat.

Amber

Grr I just had to agree to cover a shift for someone, so I'm working all day tomorrow. ):

Members online

No members online now.