About RSDR (Rudozem Street Dog Rescue)

rsdr

Rudozem Street Dog Rescue
Hi everyone :D, I would just like to introduce myself and hope that I can participate well on these forums

My name is Anita and I help out the Rowles family with the RSDR Rudozem Street Dog Rescue - Home Rudozem Street Dog Rescue - Home

Just a little bit about the RSDR for people interested.

I first came across Rudozem Street Dog Rescue through the Facebook Group called "Bulgarian Street Dogs".

In 2007, a British family, Tony & Diane Rowles moved from the UK to Bulgaria and were shocked by the overwhelming population of Street dogs in Bulgaria, and the conditions these dogs are subjected to. They decided they had to do something about it.

This is Wolfy. When Diane and Tony first saw Wolfy it was heartbreaking to see him cowering by human contact he was so frightened. They took him home and now he is such a confident boy. he has been adopted and now is happy in his new home.

Bulgaria has many street dogs who are often subjected to the most horrendous cruelty. They are kicked, beaten and shot on a regular basis for no other reason than that it provides certain individuals with amusement. Many of these dogs are injured and in pain, starving and in the winter there is a high chance that they will freeze to death.

RSDR's currently trying to raise enough money to purchase land & open a shelter so they can save more of these dogs off the street and get them them adopted & re-homed. They are currently only working from their own home and have over 6 resident dogs currently aswell up to 40 dogs at a time

Once they open their shelter they will be able to enlist vets from larger cities, to help train the vets in the vicinity in spaying female dogs, and establish a neuter and spay program to reduce the population of Street Dogs in Rudozem, Bulgaria.

I have become very passionate about helping this cause, and have cried and laughed over the stories & many photos of all of these dogs on Facebook & on their website. These are not dangerous dogs, and lots of them have just been dumped by owners that no longer want them.

some of the most recent pups just found in the last few weeks - Willow, Whisper, Nutmeg and Aztec. read more on the website.

If anyone wants to know more, please visit our website or send me an email at [email protected]

I hope I can participate well on these forums and get to know a few of you all well..

Kind Regards
Anita Parsons

Fundraising & Media Co-Ordinator
--
Rudozem Street Dog Rescue
Registered Foundation No: 175647065
email: [email protected]
Rudozem Street Dog Rescue - Home

Hi Anita,

I just spent a good hour looking through the website and blog...still have lots of reading to do...but wow, you guys are amazing. :hail: I wish I could come and help. I do dog fostering/rescue here in Canada, but it's no where near the amount that you guys are doing. I run a dog collar business and have a bunch of leftovers from a craft show that I would love to donate. I know collars aren't the most needed/wanted item but maybe you guys could sell them or donate them to the new adoptive homes? Please let me know what address I can send them too.

Keep up the amazing work!!!

Much love and respect,
Lindsay

GoingNowhere

wow, that website was both heartwarming and heartbreaking. Thanks for all that you're doing - it clearly has made a world of difference for these dogs.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You support such important work. WElcome to CHazhound.

Members online

No members online now.