Suture material in Innova? Weird...

irotas

Sucker for a droopy lab
So, I don't really know if I believe this person or not, but I thought the information was a little weird. If you scroll down to the center of the page she claims to have a picture of Innova Senior Plus kibble with suture material in it. Down below that, she shows a picture of EVO RM that looks pretty nasty. What do you guys think :confused:

http://www.boston-terriers.com/food.htm

Why not give Natura Pet a chance to respond to the accusations on that website?

Just email them the link and ask for a response. Here's their email address: [email protected]

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I don't think hardly anyone on here is really all that worried; the pictures from that site are a little odd, but I've found worse looking stuff in my own food and I still eat, so as long as I don't see half a bag full of sutures (I still think the kibble looks posed) I'm not going to worry.

I also think it's a slight gimmick to get people to buy her recipe, since she has started to market a particular "formula" to feed to her dogs and the puppies she sells.

Last edited:

ACooper

I also think it's a slight gimmick to get people to buy her recipe, since she has started to market a particular "formula" to feed to her dogs and the puppies she sells.
Hmmmmmmm, maybe I should start some bad rumors about Canidae and market my homemade recipe! The only problem is, I wouldn't want to cook it for everyone so I would sell the recipe..........that wouldn't get me rich because SOMEONE would post it on the internet :rolleyes: ROFL!

Anyway, about the OP........I agree with someone who said "how could that suture survive the rendering, cooking, and processing" it really doesn't make sense to me.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Innova's Reply

Dear pet lover,

Thank you for contacting us about our products. We are not having any problems with any of our products. There has been no sutures found in our food. What was believed to be a suture what actually connective tissue. We have recently performed some test on our food to be sure that it is free of melamine, cyanuric acid and also acetaminophen. If you would like to see these test results you can visit our website at www.naturapet.com

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact me if you need any additional information or if you have any questions.

Veronica Moreno
Natura Pet Products
800-532-7261

Did anyone notice that the link she provides (to discredit raw) to the E. Coli dogs, the breeder had NINE dogs come down with it? 6 died, and they do not indicate that those were puppies, it seems to indicate otherwise (unless there were more than 1 litter at once)

Additionally, it indicates on another page that they feed COOKED. They also have available 2 litters and 3 dogs born after June 2006, with different birthdays...

heartdogs

So are we saying that we now have a lying byb selling dog food? :rolleyes:
I have been feeding Innova, and some of the other premium brands for years, have not had a single problem except Wellness gave one of my dogs loose stools, and I, too, am willing to wait until Mordy posts something that makes me take note. The person with the sutures might have dropped one from her lobotomy into the food, but I doubt that it got there any other way.
:lol-sign:

Members online