Timberwolf Organics

I was looking at my bag of TWO earlier, and I'm wondering how everyone who feeds it feels about TWO's unwillingness to reveal the source of their food.

Does it bother anyone? I didn't think too much of it before the recall, but now it's got me wondering why they wouldn't reveal their source if there's nothing to hide.

Is this standard practice in the industry? Does innova, or canidae, or orijin have similar policies?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I had an issue with it prior to the recall and they wouldn't share..

It was proprietary information'. They used diamond till the diamond fiasco, and then got hush hush when they moved.

Other people have done some hardcore digging, and it seems TO dry is made at Chenango Valley Pet Foods, NY.

Which would make it possibly information you don't want to share because NB was made there.. and they had a grain issue. Huge lawsuit if you look it up..

People have emailed to say digging points to it being made there and yielded no reply.. same way when I emailed to say I can't in good conscience feed a food that is into secret keeping, I got no reply. Marketing averages say for every consumer who actually voices their opinion something like 1000 others are thinking it.

Never had such crappy customer service from a kibble company before ever. Everyone else has always answered my email..

Lizmo

Water Junkie
It's very weird how they will not tell any one where their foods are made =/

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yeah, it really does scare me as well. I used to have all 3 of my dogs on TWO... now I have 2 on Orijen, and I want to switch Rylie onto it as well.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Chenango doesn't appear to have a website though. At least I can't find it.

P.O. Box 720
8 West State Street
Sherburne, NY 13460
Phone: (607)674-2121

MafiaPrincess

What bugs me is that it seems to be a multi year issue as it's written here..

Guess I should be happy searching only came up with a few things.. But it bugs me there's little to find too..

An L.A.-based distributor of dog and cat foods won more than $318,000 in damages from a manufacturer that supplied it with moldy dog food.

Natural Balance Pet Foods Inc., co-founded by actor Dick Van Patten, sued New York's Chenango Valley Pet Foods Inc. in July 2001 for "mold-related losses" that began in October 1999, according to a Sept. 30 ruling in 2nd Appellate District.

Natural Balance recalled much of the food, but not before the Israeli Department of Agriculture banned its products. A regular Israeli customer, who ordered two 20-foot-long containers of dog food per month, demanded reimbursement for sales and marketing costs, the ruling says.

A Los Angeles jury awarded Natural Balance $281,345 in damages, plus expert witness fees and prejudgment interest. The three-judge panel, on appeal, affirmed all but the prejudgment interest.

Natural Balance attorney, Brian Neill, a partner at Zinder and Park PC in North Hollywood, said the damages relate to lost profits between August 2000 and August 2002.

Jim Loveder, a partner at Howard Loveder Strickroth & Parker LLP in Santa Ana, and the attorney for Chenango, said the actual damages came closer to $50,000 or $60,000.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...5/ai_109570233

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
well it doesn't really bother me because I know I have no choice but to keep my dog on it. She just can not tolerate any other foods (and this was again confirmed when I ran out of TWO and put in a 1/2 cup of Canidae to her 3 and 1/2 cups TWO and woke up to her in a crate full of crap this morning.

MafiaPrincess

Oh that's awful..

I don't think you should feel pressured to switch.. but I'd be mighty proactive harassing them.. It was my last straw to not hear back after I said I'd have to take my business elsewhere..

They are so shifty on customer service..

NP though hun. People on dogster are freaking.. they say the TO canned looks really crummy...

Screw it. I have a tiny dog and I only bought 2 of the 4 pound bags so I'm just going to throw it out. I'll email them in the morning to let them know about it too.

It's not so much that they outsource their production to a possibly not so great factory, but the fact that they won't just come out and say it really bothers me.

I always wanted to go with Innova Evo anyways; the only reason I decided on TWO was because it had different flavors and lower calcium levels than Evo, but since it's a small breed dog anyways, the higher calcium isn't too much an issue.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I don't blame you I Am. I feel the same way with the runaround I got. If I am going to pay Premium prices for Premium Foods I **** well expect straight answers. Evasiveness always makes me suspicious. These companies are all going off the deep end since that recall. They are all on the defensive and darned well they should be. But evading questions from consumers who love their pets isn't the path to retaining their market share and they are all going to figure that out pretty soon. People who buy premium foods are the kinds of people who ask questions.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
yeah if you email them you get zero response! Thats my main problem. I have emailed 3 times and have gotten nothing. They have 2 different numbers on the back of their bags and one number I called said that they used to take calls for them a long time ago and stopped and the second number basically had no clue what they were talking about when I called.

I think that their food is good though. If we didn't get that stuff we would constantly be dealing with Holly and loose stools and daily accidents where now her stool is very firm and she still does have occasional accidents but not near as many as she was having on any other brand of food (not to mention even if she does it's firm so easier to pick up them watery diarrhea all over the carpet).

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I wonder if that is one of the manufacturing facilities the Eagle guy was referring to when he mentioned Natural Balance. Said there were only three choices and Menu was the best, and then went on to slap Natural Balance.

MafiaPrincess

You could likely return the unopened TO to the store giraffe..

We are on orijen.. due to Canadian ingredients, and production... I feel safer..

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yes, I feel a lot safer with Orijen as well. They also produce it in their own factory.

Rylie will be switched over asap... I just hope that she isn't sensitive to chicken anymore (she was as a pup).

Members online

No members online now.