The annual Black Friday shoppers haul thread!

crazedACD

That all makes me really sick.

I just went out shopping for a little bit...didn't get anything on sale though???
I went to the local pet store, they were having 20% off everything. I decided to get some different chews for the dogs...got up to the counter..20% off everything except food and treats. Urgh.

Went to Lowes looking for food storage containers. The employees irritated me and they didn't have what I was looking for.

Went to Walmart. Didn't find food storage containers. Was trying to figure out this black friday thing and didn't see anything I needed that was an exceptional deal. Looked at xbox games, there was nothing left and I was confused. There was a carriage of Xbox wireless headsets that said $5...picked up that, some socks, and some batteries. Got to the counter and "Oh it's not on sale, $40 please"..she wouldn't check on it and I wasn't going to go traipsing around again. Left the headset there. Should have left everything (I wish there were more shopping options around here).

So I got socks, batteries, and some dog chews. Yay. I may go to the mall tomorrow. We'll see.

joce

Feel so bad. All Chaz wanted was the walking dead season one DVDs and I couldn't find them. Three stores! And then he came and got the treadmill I bought for me. Poor Chaz.

He wants to go to fin feather fur and get more guns tomorrow but we have an armory in the living room sooo I dunno.

darkchild16

We are Home.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Whoot getting the TRU groupon for Bevs birthday presents (dont need it for Christmas) and my friend ordered the diapers and I'm ordering something we both needed thats not a black friday sale!
Just FYI, it has to be used by December 24th. So make sure you use it before Christmas and put them away for her birthday. It's also instore only which is the main reason I didn't buy it because it's just not convenient for me to go to the toys r us here and plus Hannah is always with me so it won't be so easy to sneak princess celestia into my cart lol. although that being said most of the stuff I bought in person (not online) I had her with me and managed to keep her from seeing it but she's not so easy to distract these days :rofl1:

We stopped by Michaels and AC Moore today. Michaels was quiet and no lines or anything so that was great.

Went over to AC Moore. it was nuts. Long lines but I figured I'd see how quickly the lines were moving. Yeah not moving at all. I stood in line for ten minutes and hadn't moved an inch so I dropped my stuff on a shelf and walked out lol. There was nothing I was buying that was worth my time standing around. I'll go back next week and get a coupon out of their flyer this weekend and basically get the same deal so.. yeah LOL

I honestly don't know how people can stand it. If you can, I envy you but I am just not that person. I don't even stand in lines that long at Disney World :p

darkchild16

We are Home.
Just FYI, it has to be used by December 24th. So make sure you use it before Christmas and put them away for her birthday. It's also instore only which is the main reason I didn't buy it because it's just not convenient for me to go to the toys r us here and plus Hannah is always with me so it won't be so easy to sneak princess celestia into my cart lol. although that being said most of the stuff I bought in person (not online) I had her with me and managed to keep her from seeing it but she's not so easy to distract these days :rofl1:

We stopped by Michaels and AC Moore today. Michaels was quiet and no lines or anything so that was great.

Went over to AC Moore. it was nuts. Long lines but I figured I'd see how quickly the lines were moving. Yeah not moving at all. I stood in line for ten minutes and hadn't moved an inch so I dropped my stuff on a shelf and walked out lol. There was nothing I was buying that was worth my time standing around. I'll go back next week and get a coupon out of their flyer this weekend and basically get the same deal so.. yeah LOL

I honestly don't know how people can stand it. If you can, I envy you but I am just not that person. I don't even stand in lines that long at Disney World :p

I will I just wont give them until her birthday because Christmas is no toys from mommy and daddy this year. Only handmade. I also need things from there besides her birthday so who knows LOL.

ACooper

I have always wondered about the kind of places that have Black Friday fights, shootings, angry mobs, and tramplings! I have been Black Friday shopping pretty much every year for about 20 years now and I have never in my life seen anything close to that.

Once in a while I'll see some rudeness or snippy behavior (hey, it's early, it's crowded, there's bound to be crankiness, LOL Heck, I see that kind of stuff on ordinary shopping days sometimes! haha) But really it's nothing more than crowded and hard to navigate. Seriously, I wouldn't DREAM of letting my kids go (teens or not) if I had ever seen anything close to a fist fight!

darkchild16

We are Home.
I have always wondered about the kind of places that have Black Friday fights, shootings, angry mobs, and tramplings! I have been Black Friday shopping pretty much every year for about 20 years now and I have never in my life seen anything close to that.

Once in a while I'll see some rudeness or snippy behavior (hey, it's early, it's crowded, there's bound to be crankiness, LOL Heck, I see that kind of stuff on ordinary shopping days sometimes! haha) But really it's nothing more than crowded and hard to navigate. Seriously, I wouldn't DREAM of letting my kids go (teens or not) if I had ever seen anything close to a fist fight!
Apparently my area of the world is a bad one. I noticed something in both of them though. Our Walmart that had it happen was not on the best side of town at all and the one in Moultrie IIRC isnt in that nice an area either. My friend was out all morning and went to target and no issues more then long lines.

Grab

We didn't do a ton. Got a 36" deer chew for the dogs at the feed store, a recliner for Clive because a certain cat ruined his bean bag chair, a play rug for him to play with his million toys on, and a few toy cars since he was missing those characters, lol. Think I'll pick up the dogs' food today or tomorrow (10% off), Clive fell asleep before I could get there this afternoon.

We also got a Roku box for $25 off so the lad can have his Xbox back, lol.

Fran27

LOL I would online grocery shop if I could. I HATE HATE HATE going in the stores.
Ditto... but I don't because the only store that delivers groceries charges like $10 for delivery, and I like picking my fruit, veggies, meat etc.

Tanya how in the world do you manage to go shopping with Hannah without her seeing what you're buying? I order online or go alone, there's just no way around it (and if they're home when I come back, I leave it in the car until they're asleep or something).

darkchild16

We are Home.
Ditto... but I don't because the only store that delivers groceries charges like $10 for delivery, and I like picking my fruit, veggies, meat etc.

Tanya how in the world do you manage to go shopping with Hannah without her seeing what you're buying? I order online or go alone, there's just no way around it (and if they're home when I come back, I leave it in the car until they're asleep or something).
I give Bev my phone (locked) or a book and throw a blanket over the stuff LMAO.

Morgan I dont worry about him seeing too much.

NONE here do it. NONEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Fran27

I was horrible and actually ordered for delivery last year when we had 5 inches of snow and I was too lazy to go out with that weather. Of course the poor guy had to howl my stuff to my door (we had shoveled, but still). I felt bad. kinda.

I don't think I'd manage to distract the kids. I guess having two 4yo doesn't help lol. I hope there'll be more deals online in the future because I've missed out on stuff because I couldn't go without the kids.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

LOL I usually just give her something else to look at like my phone or if she's walking and not sitting in the cart I'll just keep pointing out things around the store and keep the stuff in the cart covered as much as I can. I'm pretty good at it these days lol but I try to avoid buying with her with me when I can but when I found Canterlot castle on clearance at Target for $8 I couldn't pass it up even though she was with me so while she was looking at something else I put it in the cart and kept her distracted

darkchild16

We are Home.
I couldnt have gone period. Jeremy worked a double and didn't have time to bring us home between jobs. I was bummed to a friend of mine was running a winter clothes swap and I dropped some stuff off with her and shes holding some stuff that I can use for me but it would have been nice to socialize!

thehoundgirl

Does online count? ;) I didn't buy it.. my friend bought me a zumba coat as it was $61 and now $21 for a gift. :)

Members online

No members online now.