Craigslist..

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm wary of using Craigslist for any purpose.

But, I don't think it'd be different than "advertising" them any other place. Just screen people really well, but that goes for any scenario.

Maybe there's something I don't know about Craigslist though that would make it a bad idea.

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
I have listed foster animals on Craigslist before and it is a really great resource. But, like anywhere else, there are some really dishonest people so you have to be sure to screen them very carefully.

Maxy24

You can do it just make sure you screen the adopters well. ON both petfinder and CL you need to look out for scammers. If they do not use your pet's name (usually they say "your pet") or immediately talk about how they will send the money to you move on. If you are not sure you can post on Chaz and we might be able to help tell if the person is legit.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Just be careful. As long as you really screen adopters you should be ok, but definitely be careful. Can you advertise on petfinder at all?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Craiglist is how Anaya found her forever home, so I'd use it. You just have to be careful and screen applicants well.

xpaeanx

I've used craigslist with dogs I've fostered in the past. most responses actually came from craigslist(well ones that were real people anyway). I couldn't post a pic on petfinder bc i'm not a rescue group.

anyway, it's the same with any other place. You really have to screen the people who call or email you. We all look on craigslist and petfinder, and I'm sure everyone on here has seen a dog on craigslist and said "OH, I know would love LOVE this dog!" and passed the information on. I think it's a great way to get your dogs out there, you just have to be careful who you choose to adopt to.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Craigslist is a good resource for sure. Anyone who talks about using a shipper or wanting you to pay a shipper or courier RUN from them, they are scammers! Some will say they want to send you a check or money order to cash (even if you aren't asking a rehoming fee) and it will be for more than you asked, etc...another scammer trick.

I think it's a fine place to get the word out, just be very careful to screen the people!

Kayota

You can do it just make sure you screen the adopters well. ON both petfinder and CL you need to look out for scammers. If they do not use your pet's name (usually they say "your pet") or immediately talk about how they will send the money to you move on.
THANK YOU. I got an email exactly like that last night, I thought it was weird. Thanks :D

I've already posted on PetFinder :)

Members online

No members online now.