Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

GoingNowhere

not that this is entirely relevant, but my physiology of reproduction professor saved his children's placentas in jars and brought them into our "Placenta Lab"... I guess it takes a special kind to teach that class! :yikes:

"And everyone... This is my oldest daughter's. And this here belongs to the young one... she was covered in vernix caseosa when she was born- it looked like cheese!"

TMI... just TMI...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ftr, when Hannah was born they sent the placenta for testing. A few days later, Hannah had pnuemonia. The placenta tests came back with TWO different infections in the layers.

I can't imagine consuming that would have been good.

Yup... she's mine. Looking through my pet edge mag she got crazy excited when I came to the collars. I asked which one doom should get. Her response?
"That one, and that one, and that one and that one, and that one.... all of them."
I laughed so hard I nearly peed. ROFL

We've had an exciting day around here. Ev "rode" her first horse (my coworkers sweet Bashkir mare) and then, a few minutes ago, I discovered she cut two teeth!

Could someone please stop time for a little while?

CaliTerp07

Had my NT test today. Everything looked good...except the ultrasound tech said, "Oh, and that looks like the beginnings of his peepee"

I know you're not supposed to want one gender over the other, but ughhhhhhh I really wanted a girl! I am only 12 weeks, so it could be wrong, but booo :( Zach's family is all boys. I really wanted a girl.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I posted this in the musing thread but it fits here too.

My baby will be six years old on friday. I can't believe it!!!! 6 years old. Teo hands to show her age lol. She's on the upside of turning ten.

Had my NT test today. Everything looked good...except the ultrasound tech said, "Oh, and that looks like the beginnings of his peepee"

I know you're not supposed to want one gender over the other, but ughhhhhhh I really wanted a girl! I am only 12 weeks, so it could be wrong, but booo :( Zach's family is all boys. I really wanted a girl.
It's totally normal to want one gender over another. I wanted a boy at first. I had his pirate room all planned, his named picked out, I was convinced it was a boy. Then the tech told us it was a girl and I was convinced they were wrong. We went to a 3D ultrasound to confirm. Once I got over my initial annoyance that I was wrong and my denial, I started to get super excited and now I can't imagine having a boy.

And at 12-13 weeks (am I right?) they could still be wrong. :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It's totally normal to want one gender over another. I wanted a boy at first. I had his pirate room all planned, his named picked out, I was convinced it was a boy. Then the tech told us it was a girl and I was convinced they were wrong. We went to a 3D ultrasound to confirm. Once I got over my initial annoyance that I was wrong and my denial, I started to get super excited and now I can't imagine having a boy.

And at 12-13 weeks (am I right?) they could still be wrong. :)
This. :)

I also wanted a boy. Never wanted a girl. I didn't even have a girls name picked out. Hubby picked it out.

Now, I cannot imagine life without her. The same would be the case with a boy I am sure :). They both have their awesome little quirks and differences and personalities.

Taqroy

We've had an exciting day around here. Ev "rode" her first horse (my coworkers sweet Bashkir mare) and then, a few minutes ago, I discovered she cut two teeth!
What?!? How does she have teeth already? Falon has no teeth at six months and I'm starting to feel cheated, given how much teething behavior we have (the drool, oh god the drool).

I'm kind of shocked they said anything at 12 weeks. Most places won't even try and decide until 20 - and even then they can be wrong.

boneyjean

Stinky Butt

I found out the gender of both my babes at 13 and 14 weeks. Luckily out NT was a tad late each time. Our U/S tech is really really good at early predictions and he was right both times. But he told me both times that the difference between 12 and 13 weeks is big. At 12 weeks it can look like a boy, but it is really just swollen. So don't give up hope that it's a girl yet!

Also, having one of each, I can tell you that they are both so wonderful in their different ways. You will be head over heals in love with that child and never even know what hit you!

milos_mommy

I cut my first tooth at 13 months. My brother at 4 months. Both are considered normal, though I was late with that (oddly enough I got all my molars extremely early).

Lillian has lots of teething behavior and I can feel a little tooth nub under her gums. I'm not sure if it will come through soon, though.

gapeach

Big Mutts
This. :)

I also wanted a boy. Never wanted a girl. I didn't even have a girls name picked out. Hubby picked it out.

Now, I cannot imagine life without her. The same would be the case with a boy I am sure :). They both have their awesome little quirks and differences and personalities.
Same here. I wanted a boy both times...the 1st because I always wanted a boy and my sister was having a boy at the same time.
2nd pregnancy I wanted a boy because we already had a girl!
Wouldn't trade either of my girls in now:)
There are pros/cons to both sexes.

We didn't find out what we were having, but I was pretty certain she was a girl all along. I would have been happy either way, but I love having a little girl. I can beyond her to be good ask day by telling her I'll paint her nails when I get off of work off she behaves. LOL:p

jenv101

Bite Club
What?!? How does she have teeth already? Falon has no teeth at six months and I'm starting to feel cheated, given how much teething behavior we have (the drool, oh god the drool).
Clarissa started teething behaviour at just over three months but didn't get any until she was six months. She just turned seven months and has six teeth now. So she got them all in the span of one month. Crazy.

Allison that photo is adorable!!

Taqroy

Clarissa started teething behaviour at just over three months but didn't get any until she was six months. She just turned seven months and has six teeth now. So she got them all in the span of one month. Crazy.
HEY!! How are you doing?? I hope things are going better for you guys, I miss seeing you around. (((hugs)))

And, oh god, the thought of six teeth in the next month is terrifying. But it might explain our current awful sleep stuff.

P.S. Your baby is so big! And adorable. But seriously, big.

iluvdogs

Riley's first 2 teeth are JUST poking through and he's 10 months lol so crazy!!

We never found out what we were having but I was happy with either boy or girl I did want a girl a tiny bit more just because my sister had a boy but maybe baby #2 will be a girl when the time comes :)

Members online

No members online now.