the timing of this can't be coincedental, right?

Anonymous isn't taking this well.

If MegaUpload was taken down soley because of copyright infringement then the feds may as well take down Youtube as well. They both host files uploaded by other users, some which violate copyright, and they both take down the files that violate copyright. Youtube is just a bit faster at taking them down.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
Anonymous isn't taking this well.

If MegaUpload was taken down soley because of copyright infringement then the feds may as well take down Youtube as well. They both host files uploaded by other users, some which violate copyright, and they both take down the files that violate copyright. Youtube is just a bit faster at taking them down.
i see a lot of people commending Anonymous for this, and a lot of people shunning them for antagonizing after the blackout and this today.

i'm not sure. i've heard theories that Anonymous is made up in a small part of people working FOR the government. i suppose nothing is too crazy these days. on the other hand, the idea of a bunch of hacking kids antagonizing the government over something this serious makes me uncomfortable.

i hope this at least shows the rest of the world that this isn't just an American issue, really. or at least it clearly doesn't seem to be!

GipsyQueen

*sigh* I read that last night on reddit. Of all places they shut down megaupload? Ugh.

It's not just an american issue - our internet is already censered here, because one company holds rights to ALL music. You theoretically have to pay money if you want to cover music on youtube. You have to pay money if you are a band and want to cover songs, you have to pay money if you want a band to play somewhere (like a school dance. You not only pay the band, but the GEMA too.) And if the songs aren't apporoved or whatever they are blocked on youtube for example.

IRC the 4 major DNS servers are located in the USA. The Land of the Free is not setting a good example right now.

Members online

No members online now.