swimming and ears

goldiefur

Baxter has been swimming in the pool everyday recently and when he gets out I dry the inside of his ears with paper towels and I use regular ear cleaner. Is there anything I can buy to put in his ears right after he gets out of the pool to dry them out? This has been his first summer of swimming and so far so good but I want to avoid any future problems.

ACooper

Goldie a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) is GREAT for that. Just mix the equal amounts in a container and use 5-6 drops per ear right after swimming (or soon as you can after)

My daughter suffers swimmers ear and it works WONDERS for drying it up quickly and safely. I also use it on the dogs after baths, playing in water, or anytime I feel they may have gotten water in the ears.

milos_mommy

i use Swim Ear. Really easy squeeze drop bottle. buy it at any pharmacy, wal-mart, grocery store.

ACooper

i use Swim Ear. Really easy squeeze drop bottle. buy it at any pharmacy, wal-mart, grocery store.
Hehehehe, that is where I got my "container" that I mix the vinegar/alcohol solution in. Swim Ear is what I originally bought for my daughter, and then the pediatrician told me about the 50/50 mix that works better.

(but I kept the bottle and wash it/reuse it :D)

Members online

No members online now.