My old poodle is limping

abcamm

My toy poodle is 13 1/2 years old, she is very active and playful, but she does have arthritis in her back legs. They constently shake. Anyway, yesterday at 2 she developed a limp on her front and back left legs. She was inside with me and I didn't step on her nor did I see her fall. The limp got worse and is still bad. I just wonder if this is simply a sore spot or if it could be something more serious. Is it possible for dogs to have strokes? and if so, would she still have muscle control in the left side of her face? Thank you for your time...

Yes, it's very possible for dogs to have strokes, and no, she wouldn't necessarily lose muscle control in her face.

Check with your vet, but it might be very helpful all the way around for her to have enteric coated aspirin. It will help alleviate the pain and stiffness of the arthritis, and if she has had a stroke, possibly help avoid further problems as it can in humans. You'll need to check with your vet to get the okay and the right dosage.

abcamm

Thank you for the reply, I am going to contact my vet about the dosage. My dog and I both appreciate it!

Members online

No members online now.