The Venting Thread

SpringerLover

I went online and opened the lab results from work and Daisy's kidneys are going bad , when they were perfect two and a half months ago :(
I'm sorry! :( Kidney stuff can be so scary!

Don't rule out an infection! Buzz and Bailey were diagnosed with renal failure--both of them had an infection!

Also, tripe is a fabulous source of low phos protein. It is a staple of Buzz's maintenance diet and it was his only protein source while we worked to get his kidney values back to normal (I fed it with either Sojos or HK base foods).

DJEtzel

I had a feeling but was trying to be all positive about it, like "oh well maybe they're just busy... since it's the holidays... and that's why they haven't called about a second interview yet..."
Can't do the whole fake optimism thing when they send you your rejection letter.

So fake optimism until you know differently! Delays the depression by a few days at least.
Awh. :(

I mean, I got an email about a pre-employment screening background check, two weeks after my last interview (working)... so you'd think that would be good. But it's been a week since then. -_-

SpringerLover

Bailey, who still hasn't recovered from her last health scare, broke a premolar. It is broken off at the gumline, but still attached by gum. How did she do that? I have no freaking idea.

So, in addition to not being totally healthy, she's supposed to go to Florida next Friday. Luckily, her regular vet is great. They're squeezing her in next Thursday. So, while it's not ideal to go under anesthesia and lose a tooth one day then be in the car for a billion hours the next day, at least it's (hopefully) getting taken care of before she leaves.

My biggest fear is that her bloodwork still won't be back to normal. We haven't rechecked her bloodwork yet because we were going to do it the week she was leaving.

So frustrated, and nervous. This dog is the most expensive and heartwrenching ever.

So, I guess we need good thoughts that her bloodwork will be good enough to go under, and that they don't find anything else nasty when they xray the tooth. Urrrrggggh!

Equinox

Bailey, who still hasn't recovered from her last health scare, broke a premolar. It is broken off at the gumline, but still attached by gum. How did she do that? I have no freaking idea.

So, in addition to not being totally healthy, she's supposed to go to Florida next Friday. Luckily, her regular vet is great. They're squeezing her in next Thursday. So, while it's not ideal to go under anesthesia and lose a tooth one day then be in the car for a billion hours the next day, at least it's (hopefully) getting taken care of before she leaves.

My biggest fear is that her bloodwork still won't be back to normal. We haven't rechecked her bloodwork yet because we were going to do it the week she was leaving.

So frustrated, and nervous. This dog is the most expensive and heartwrenching ever.

So, I guess we need good thoughts that her bloodwork will be good enough to go under, and that they don't find anything else nasty when they xray the tooth. Urrrrggggh!
Yikes, poor Bailey and poor you :( Lots of good thoughts for her as well, and keeping fingers crossed that her bloodwork is back to normal.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound

Big vibes for Bailey! And I will be PMing you in the near future I'm sure... I know the people I work with are going to be pushing for low protein icky prescription diets but when I ran bloodwork 10/11 it was PERFECT. Shes been raw fed for like 9 years so I'm really hesitant to change.. she did having a raging bacterial cystitis around the same time so I'm praying for an infection/miracle. I can't decide if this has been the best Christmas (yay vet school!) Or the worst (zomg Daisy! )

Lost one of my Guinea Pigs on Christmas Eve then lost my Cat on Christmas. Hard to enjoy what I got when can't stop being upset over them and missing them both. :(

noludoru

Bored Now.
I am so much more irritated about this than I should be.

People walk in, I say hello and ask if I can help them with any cars. Husband ignores me, wife says no, puts her hand out as if to stop me, turns away. Okay, cool. I go back to my work.

I check on them when they bring out a measuring tape and ask if I can answer any questions about the cars, offer water/coffee, grab him a water... They again say they don't want help, turn their backs on me, and continue talking.

My male coworker asks if they need help, OH YES! We were waiting for a salesman. We had questions.

GO DIE.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Blech... Sick of the chronic complainers on facebook. The people who do NOTHING but bitch. I realize some people truly have it bad but UGH there are some who are just determined to look at the sh!tty side
Of things... Who chase their happiness everywhere and when they get there, thu realize that they are still not happy.

Sucky attitude=sucky life

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am so much more irritated about this than I should be.

People walk in, I say hello and ask if I can help them with any cars. Husband ignores me, wife says no, puts her hand out as if to stop me, turns away. Okay, cool. I go back to my work.

I check on them when they bring out a measuring tape and ask if I can answer any questions about the cars, offer water/coffee, grab him a water... They again say they don't want help, turn their backs on me, and continue talking.

My male coworker asks if they need help, OH YES! We were waiting for a salesman. We had questions.

GO DIE.
Ugh that is so lame.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I hate when I forget that I have useful apps like Cartwheel. Got Breathe Right strips today for Cajun's ears... decide to check Cartwheel now... oh look, there's a 15% off coupon! I mean, who doesn't want to save a buck here and there.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Erg. Apparently I need a cosigner for my loans, there is essentially nobody in my family that qualifies as a cosigner. I have no cosigner. This is the suck :/

Assamiea

This Christmas my dad's youngest brother and his family were supposed to host Christmas dinner, but with the blackout they didn't have power or heat so they decided to have dinner at my dad's oldest sister's home where they were staying until their power came back on.

Now my dad's oldest sister and their older brother and/or his wife have some sort of issue that's being going on for years. When my grandmother passed away their issue seemed to be mended so I figured that he was going to come for Christmas dinner. I was wondering why he didn't show up because he's the type to always come when he's invited, regardless of the weather or traffic. I find out today that because my dad's youngest brother didn't have power they told their older brother that they weren't doing dinner anymore and never invited him to their older sister's house and their older sister never invited him either.

Shitty move family, shitty move!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I ended up giving them a little **** about it, and my coworker told them my feelings were hurt, and they apologized. I think they felt bad. :p As they should. I'm a delicate little flower.
Totally NOT the same thing but that's what my step dad calls me everytime I burp or... Otherwise LOL. His delicate flower lol

Dogs6

Plus One
I totally abused my staff discount on redbull at work tonight. Now I can't sleep and I have to get up in 2 1/2 hours and ride 2 horses in the atrocious weather before doing another 8 hour shift at work. It's literally off the horses and into the shower and work. No more redbull.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Erg. Apparently I need a cosigner for my loans, there is essentially nobody in my family that qualifies as a cosigner. I have no cosigner. This is the suck :/
Try someone living with you. Depending upon what the loan is for and what bank it is, some look more favorably on people living with you than family living states away.

Totally NOT the same thing but that's what my step dad calls me everytime I burp or... Otherwise LOL. His delicate flower lol
:lol-sign: I love it. I was feeling like a delicate little flower tonight after those people. My feelings shouldn't be hurt over it, it happens all the time, but dammit, old people usually love me!

I totally abused my staff discount on redbull at work tonight. Now I can't sleep and I have to get up in 2 1/2 hours and ride 2 horses in the atrocious weather before doing another 8 hour shift at work. It's literally off the horses and into the shower and work. No more redbull.
Make the best of it and PARTY? Or, just take some melatonin. Or give up and do something productive.

Dogs6

Plus One
I would totally go out and party but unfortunately all my friends were on the other side of the bar tonight so they're winding down just as I'm ready to get started! It is after 5 am though so I can hardly blame them. Although there are several bottles of wine in my car.... I asked for vodka but apparently my mother worries haha

Members online

No members online now.