The Official "What are you reading" Thread

Miakoda

The past 2 weeks I've read:

Water for Ephants by Sara Gruen
Even Now by Karen Kingsbury
Ever After by Karen Kingsbury (the sequel to one above)
The Pact by Jodi Picoult
My Guy Barbaro by Edgar Prado (his jockey)
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

And now I'm starting:

Beautiful Jim Key by Mim E. Rivas

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Miakoda - if you like Nicholas Sparks - have you read "The Guardian"?

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Currently reading Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. It's pretty **** good and has taken me totally by surprise. The opening was astounding.

But it has pretty high ratings and reviews so one would expect it'd be good.

Uhm....other than that haven't had much time to read a whole lot. Read a lot of James Herriot, including his biography. Oh and ''All My Patients have Tales", which is alright. Kind of in the same vein as Herriot but not as good of story telling IMO.

Also finished reading A Canticle for Leibowitz, which was quite good and a different method of writing. It's about religion in a post-apocalyptic world.

Miakoda

Miakoda - if you like Nicholas Sparks - have you read "The Guardian"?
I like them as they are easy reading and developed enough to get me involved.

I have not read it yet, but it's on my "wish list". Have you read it? Is it good?

GO, I have all of J.H.'s books. I love them and reread them at least once a year!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I like them as they are easy reading and developed enough to get me involved.

I have not read it yet, but it's on my "wish list". Have you read it? Is it good?

GO, I have all of J.H.'s books. I love them and reread them at least once a year!
Yes, I enjoyed it. Similar to most of his books, it was a touch predictable, but, as you said, easy reading and enjoyable.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I put aside my last book because I found another Dean Koontz book I hadn't read- "Velocity."

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I've read Velocity, it's good. Intense!
I'm about halfway through it now and I really like it. I love suspense and I'm addicted to Dean Koontz. I think a lot of really prolific writers like him keep going downhill, but I like 99% of the books I've read by him.

I'm just getting into Notes on a Native Son by James Baldwin and Walden and Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau. Pretty good so far!

milos_mommy

Reading V for Vendetta for a class, I'm LOVING it. I'm also trying to read Love in the Time of Cholera for a book club but don't have time!! I've already read it, though, just been a while.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Making my way through Goblet of Fire (again.) I have until July to get through the last three books... plenty of time, right?

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I just finished "The Black Tattoo". It was an easy read. It's actually Young Adult genre. I'm about to read another young adult one with The Lost Hero (Rick Riordan's follow up to the Percy Jackson books with a new set of demi-gods).

Members online

No members online now.