Neighbor dog...

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I was outside with Lucas and the neighbors new dog was out (says it's husky/malamute/wolf) and Lucas went to the fence. The dog comes over warily (afraid of people I think) and bares it's teeth. At first I thought it was being agreessive and I was like "Darn.....no new friend for Lucas, I hope this doesn't become an issue!" but then I noticed nothing else about the way the dog was seemed agressive or threatening.

Plus, Lucas didn't react to the grin with agreession or submission at all! He just seemed to ignore it and go about his business. After looking at it all again it looked like he had the submissive grin thing going on! I've only seen that one other time with a dog at the humane society! I thought it was baring teeth at me and I was suppose to test it so I got the supervisor and she showed me he was grinning lol

So I think it was submissive grinning :p So maybe they still can be friends! :D

Friskycatz

I would be very careful though,because you don't know this dog or its background.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
hehe I know I know!!! lol I'm just always weary about taking pics of other people's dogs without permission first. I'll make sure to ask my neighbor next time I see him! :)

I would be very careful though,because you don't know this dog or its background.
Don't worry, I'm not an idiot ;)

I always watch the other dogs and I know Lucas' body language dead on. I'm very familiar with Lucas so I have no problem telling if he's getting annoyed or anything. The other dog I've seen a lot of behavior working with dogs at the humane society while they interact and our behaviorist showed me a few things as well so doggy body language isn't somethig I'm not familar with :)

*edit* oh and I didn't mention this in my original post, but this was through our fence. The neighbor just got this dog and the only way Lucas has seen it is through the fence where there haven't been problems yet. Also I don't let either dog (my roomates Pog or Lucas) outside without watching them :)

Kase

YAY!! I'm excited already lol, not only pics of Lucas but another cute dog as well hehe. I know what you mean about taking pics of other peoples dogs without permission though.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I have a few new pics of Lucas that I can post later ;) Just not of him and the dog.

Right now I have teenage boys runnin around the house :rolleyes: fun lol

Friskycatz

i didn't mean to come off to you calling you an idiot, i was just telling you to be careful, but it seems to me you can handle it ;)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
i didn't mean to come off to you calling you an idiot, i was just telling you to be careful, but it seems to me you can handle it
lol no worries! I didn't mean to let you think that I took offense or your post made me think that you thought I was .....I'm confused now so I'll start over! ;)

I didn't think your post called me an idiot! :p That was my wording, you where just saying to be careful, very good advice by the way! :D hahaa

Thanks! :D

milos_mommy

Milo grinned all the time as a puppy, but not so much anymore :( it's really funny though.

BostonBanker

Awww, I love it when dogs "smile". My "god-dog" does it whenever she is nervous, and the border collie at work does it if you call him to you in a really excited voice!

Members online

No members online now.