Training the Devil (HELP!)

U

Uras Inu

I know very little about hunting with dogs. I'm not a fan of hunting. I'm almost vegetarian about it. I think it's wrong, but I still eat meat. Figure that one. Not saying it is wrong for you. By all means, continue doing what you and your dogs love to do. I was simply stating that if I were to have a terrier, I would not hunt with it. That I find the ED competitions very interesting, and would perhaps train my dog for it.

I started this thread to get help. I got the advise, I'm taking it and it's working. I don't need people to come in here and bark at me because I don't like the dog, or because I have names of distaste for her. I have a friend that calls his wife's cat "Dumb cat" and says he hates him. But when Doodle got sick, he was right there, crying, hoping the cat would make it through. He being trashy to that cat too? No, it's the same thing with me and Minnie. I call her this, and say I hate her, but she sleeps on my side with me at night. She's my cooking buddy, and gets left over tidbits when I'm in the kitchen. Oh yes, this dog is treated horridly! We go on long walks, and when she can't go any more, she gets to cuddle up in my jacket, and I sing to her all the way home. Oh the abuse!

Trolling?
You're the one that comes into my thread and starts talking trash. You're the biggest diva. Get over yourself. Why would I want to come near your dogs? Who said I was? What reason would I have? Calm down and stop kindling the fire. And responding to a statement that speaks illy toward myself is not trolling. If I started a Thread called PoodleMommy Shut Your Face, that's trolling. But defending myself against someone that thinks I'm a monster just because I don't like a dog. Whatever. Get over it. Not everyone LOVES or has to love a dog.

Yes my posts are angry, because I'm tired of people telling me I treat her like trash. I get defensive very quickly when that happens, call me strange. You must surely know what a dog REALLY being treated like trash goes through. I'm sure you've all been to shelters, or are rescues and foster homes yourself. Or at the very least seen it on TV. Again, I could have let the dog die. But no, I spent my time and money helping her... that must mean I do care about her, and oh what.... Not treat her like trash? Oh no I have poor thoughts toward her. Oh no, I called her rat on the net. I already said that my words were poorly chosen. What more do you want?

I'm logging off Chaz. I'm sorry if I broke rules, I know I did.

Again, didn't mean to dis your Chi's Lizzy. Thanks to all that DID help me, and read my posts through and through.

beloved1

Holy Molys. What a lot of stuff. One thing I did not see anywhere in this thread was a question regarding your sentence about using "crate punishment" . Crate are supposed to be refuges and safe places, not jails, at least that has been my understanding of the use of crates as I have implemented them. I can understand dealing with feelings and blowing off steam by calling a dog names behind it's back as a form of therapy, as long as you love the dog? I know my schnauzer drives me nuts and sometimes i WISH I could spank her, but having raised a dog that had been abused I know that would be abusive. Sam used to pee when the mailman came to the door. It took a long time to get to the point he tried to eat the door instead. Years. I know that hitting a dog is a very bad thing, and that punishing animals is abusive because they are not humans and do not understand the concept.
Sounds to me like everything wrong has been done with this dog, and that the only thing that will improve the situation is to start over from scratch and take tiny baby steps with the poor thing. It is hopefully not too late to undo these years of bad stuff.

lucille

Worrisome thing. I'm losing hope with humans. i spoke to a man yesterday, and asked him the temperament of his bitch, and he responded with "Uhh, whas' that mean?". I explained it, and got "Uhh, oh no, she'a good house dog."

Why do I even try? And the man wanted $100 for his "mistakenly" bred puppies. No vet visits, and no intention of getting mommy fixed. Wheres this money going?
You are in over your head with the dogs you have now. Why are you looking around for more dogs?

lizzybeth727

You are in over your head with the dogs you have now. Why are you looking around for more dogs?
I don't think she was looking for a dog for herself, I think she just happened to see this person and decided to ask him a few questions about the puppies. I've done the same thing, it's not that unusual.

U

Uras Inu

Lizzy's got it right. I wanted to ask him questions, see what he was all about. I don't want another dog. And why does ever one assume I'm doing poorly with Aiden.

In over my head with my dog(s)? Where's that 's' come from. I'm in over my head with Minnie. Aiden's training is going rather smoothly.

Members online

No members online now.