Spring Fertilizing and CAUTIONS!!

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
I wanted to post this as a reminder to all of you regarding how poisonous yard fertilizer is to animals (the Scotts Weed & Feed and other fertilizers).

Thursday night Bailey started having diarriah and then I got up and went to work Friday, I had my mother come by at lunch time to check on him, and he was acting very strangely. She told me he was shivvering and even appeared to have had a seizure of some sort. So I rushed home, and we took his temp. it was 104.6 (normal for dogs is around 102). So I took him up to the vet, and they checked him out gave him a couple of shots and we went home for the night. He then kept me up all night and started throwing up (about 5 times through the night). Since he hadn't eaten since Friday morning it was his stomach bile at that point. So I took him back Saturday morning and they told me they were going to keep him over the weekend, hook him up to an IV and administer fluids and other medications to him to get him better. I was DEVISTATED! I haven't been separated from him since I brought him home. He is my little baby. So I cried and finally left. They called me over the weekend to give updates, and finally yesterday they were able to give him some food. So, I get to pick him up about lunch time today. (I haven't seen him since Sat. morning...which has been extremely difficult for me.)

Of course the vet can't confirm 100% that it was the fertilizer that caused this, but I have a gut feeling since my Sister watched him Wednesday and said she saw him drink some water where I knew some fertilizer had collected with the recent rains. What upsets me even more is that I knew better, and knew to keep him from that spot, but just forgot to tell her.

But, the good news is that he is coming home and is ok. PLEASE all of you be careful with your dogs/pups around fertilizers and any other chemicals. I would have DIED if I had lost him.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Yikes. Im glad he's OK

We dont Fertiliz because I just dont want to risk it

Members online

No members online now.