Mavrick's song

Kayla

This song just started playing in my head after witnessing Mavrick's antics this evening:

Mavrick likes to jump off the walls, jump off the walls, jump off the walls,
then he likes to roll on the couch, roll on the couch, roll on the couch,
then he like to walk up to you and bark at you and bark at you

LOL ok tired, too tired, and Mavrick thinks that his hour run wasn't enough and this is the song that I am now humming and can't get out of my head.

UGH I can't wait until it's nicer out, I've been getting Mav out on nice long hikes on the weekends and he's been getting at least an hour run each evening after work, but I can see that it's not quite enough as he is inventing some pretty interesting ways to kill time.

There's his favorite game of running around the living room, jumping up and down off the couch, running up and down the stairs, jumping back onto the couch, rolling on his back on the couch while yodeling oh and the new addition of staring at the tv and barking but turning his head in my direction to bark, but then promptly staring back at the television.

I think I'm losing my sanity, but not really.

I stocked up on lots of chews which is a huge help, I think this is the first time in awhile though that I can really say I feel overwhelmed.

There's been the odd day where I've felt under the weather and haven't gotten Mav out for quite as long as he's used to, he's ok with that if it's once and a blue moon, but It's happened a few times over the last two weeks and I really think there's a backlog of extra energy building up because he was wired tonight.

It doesn't help that Duke is in a lot of pain right now as his limp has returned (scheduled to see the vet early next week). Duke has metacam but he really hasn't been himself, he's so stiff, and he's got zero tolerance for Mavrick inside the house around him when he's resting, sooo I feel like I've got a big juggling act. Duke loves his crate thankfully so he's more then happy to stay in it with some chews while Mavrick zooms around outside.

Ok rant over please send border collie be tired vibes...

Members online

No members online now.