Goal a Month!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Anyone interested in participating in a thread dedicated to pushing each other and keeping each other accountable for our dog goals?

I figure we could each pick a goal for our own dogs, could be training/behavior/anything really. And then just update each time we work on it?

Like my goal for January is to get Frodo out in public at least 3 times a week.

Anyone else interested?

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I like the idea! I need to come up with some goals, though. I have some for Deke, but not the other dogs.

tzigane

Good idea!

This month I want to get Chester's heel work re-polished since I slacked on it all last year and it went by the way-side.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
ME! ME! ME! This is perfect because I just bought all the supplies to make a Training Chart for the dogs to keep me accountable on working with them more. :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I love this idea and could absolutely come up with ideas for the pups. Yep.

ME! ME! ME! This is perfect because I just bought all the supplies to make a Training Chart for the dogs to keep me accountable on working with them more. :)
Training Chart?? Do tell!

SaraB

My goal this month for Zuma is to get several sequences down for our freestyle routine before we go to Florida. Mostly so we don't embarrass ourselves too much.

Goal for Zinga is to work on our "go's" in agility. She's super handler orientated so I need to work on her staying on the line rather than popping out. So "go's" and lateral work.

meepitsmeagan

Training Chart?? Do tell!
Okay, I will tell. :) I went and got two mini wooden clipboards (one for each dog), and decorated them with pretty paper, mod podge, and stickers. Then, I wrote on a separate piece of small note paper what my goals were for each dog to work on. I left space next to the goal for dates that I have worked on it. I attached it by sticking it up in the clipboard thing.

I'm having a super hard time describing this! I will try and get some pictures of it tonight and post them up here. However, it's helping a ton because it is on the fridge so I can see it and I can see what I'm working on more than others, ect. It seems to be helping me a lot.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Meagan, any pictures? Sounds like a great idea!

I'm hoping for getting Deke at least 3 PA hours per week until mid-February, then upping it to at least 6 with more challenging criteria. I also want to work more on his stay, place, and retrieve.

I want to have Shadow playing with FitPaws products three times per week until February, and then up it to four. In March, I'll go to five and probably leave it there. I also want to start doing short, low height sequences with her again. She still wants to do agility.

meepitsmeagan

My training boards. :) Not a stellar pic because it's from a cell, but it will have to do!

ETA: Resizing picture.

Last edited:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
SUPER cute!! You could even print out mini calendars and put them on there and plan stuff out day by day.

Still no idea what my goal is for this month because it keeps changing. Also very hard to do a lot of stuff not having moved in yet/not having access to my yard. *sigh*

meepitsmeagan

That is genius! I didn't even think of that! But yeah, it was super easy and cheap. The most expensive thing was the stickers. Haha. Probably cost $8 in total and took about a half hour, plus drying time for the mod podge.

meepitsmeagan

So... my goal of the month. Work on heel with Rider at least 3 times a week, with at least a social call a week as well.

Harlow, continue working on recall and get outside on the long line.

meepitsmeagan

So, I've been really good about socialization and building focus with Rider. Slacking on the heel, and LLW, but I think I will work on that more once I have our other issues fixed. He's met two men, and actually let them pet him, so major bounds there.

Harlow has been doing much better with her recalls, though I have started slacking on those as well. Will start them up again. She's such a good girl.

ETA: This months goal! We are currently in Nosework with Rider, so I'd like to try and do at least 3 days of work at home with that. Also, quietness in the crate, as he does like to scream. Socialization with Harlow with other dogs, building her confidence with them again. A lot of LAT.

Members online