Chloe's barking is driving me crazy...HELP!!

Hi everyone,

I really need some advice on training Chloe not to bark like she does. For instance, when I let her out to do her business, and she doesn't want to be out, or she sees one of the cats come into the room where her food is, and she decides she wants back in, she will stand at the patio door and bark...bark...bark this really high pitched, shrill, extremely loud bark, really fast, over and over again. She does the same thing if I'm outside and she wants to come out with me. She's trying to get her way. She also does it when I'm not paying attention to her, and she wants me to scratch her. Sometimes I'm doing something else at the time and can't stop to scratch her at her every whim. I've tried ignoring her, and when she stops barking, rewarding her and telling her what a good girl she is, but she just doesn't seem to get it. I'm getting really frustrated with her. She is the most stubborn, strong willed dog that I have ever. She's also very spoled...LOL.
She also displays this barking behavior when she hears something outside, or the neighbors are out in the yard. I know it's very disruptive to them. I'd like to let her be outside more to enjoy the nice weather, but I'm not able to do this because of her incessent barking.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Dena

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
someone posted about a collar that emitted a scent that was unpleasant to a dog when the bark..sounds like a fabulous idea..don't know where the tread was, but i be someone does!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
page 5, dog training part of forum, shock collar alternatives thread

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mary was very protective during her mother hood..even got maced by the mailman. She was Mother Mary to extreme.

ROFL! I just thought you meant she made a grumbly sound with a lot of vowels . . .:D

If she's always done it, she's probably not going to stop. If she's gotten louder or more constant it could be because of having the pups. Some dogs' temperaments change significantly after they are mothers. If that were the case, she might settle back down to her normal level of chatter after awhile, or if you have her spayed.

But then again . . . she might not, lol! You may just have to work on some training to teach her to be quieter. Or just have a few nose to snout talks with her. ;)

Members online

No members online now.