The Good News thread

GipsyQueen

rebought the first season of Gilmore girls (I let someone borrow it, they never returned it... its been two years and I've forgotten who I lent it to :p ) any who amazon had it for 9 euro. score! I've forgotten how much I love the first season.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Just shot an email off to a local bite sport club with a good reputation, asking if I could come watch some training any time soon. I don't really care if we ever title and compete - I just think it would be awesome to really work my dog's prey drive (and control of prey drive) and do some high quality obedience too. We may end up doing IPO or ringsport obedience anyway, if the Belgum Mellonose can't learn that small dogs are dogs and not squirrels. lol

ETA: They got back to me so quick that I'm going out there tonight to talk with them and watch! Yay!

Last edited:

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I just wanted to ask why Blossom has not yet been added to your siggy? :D

And awesome that you found a biteclub.
Cuz i'm dumb and lazy!!! LOL I actually have some good pics of her at my mom's house. I'm house/pet sitting out there this weekend so I promised myself I'll get the Mellonose on my sig this weekend!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Cuz i'm dumb and lazy!!! LOL I actually have some good pics of her at my mom's house. I'm house/pet sitting out there this weekend so I promised myself I'll get the Mellonose on my sig this weekend!
Dooo itttttt. Shall we recruit someone? Jessie?!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Really appreciating Izzie a lot lately. She's doing so well at everything I throw at her.

She's pretty fabulous. Love my little dog even when she bites me to get treats when I stretch her.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Nolu made it in around 11am and we've spent all day unloading and unpacking. Backwards Cinderella and her family came over to help, as did my mom and brother.The kitchen and living room are mostly put together and now that we have a power tool assortment again, we're going to tackle her bedroom next.

I HAZ A NOLU AND A MIDDIE!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Nolu made it in around 11am and we've spent all day unloading and unpacking. Backwards Cinderella and her family came over to help, as did my mom and brother.The kitchen and living room are mostly put together and now that we have a power tool assortment again, we're going to tackle her bedroom next.

I HAZ A NOLU AND A MIDDIE!
Yay!!! I'm so glad she made it safely!!!

Lyzelle

House is closed and we are in TLF. Yeah, there is crap EVERYWHERE that we still need to pack properly for this trip, but I SO DO NOT CARE. I am VERY comfy on a BED (rather than the floor) , I have a washer, a dryer, and a dishwasher. I have dishes, including cooking utensils, that I can use. Two tvs. INTERNET. And I don't have to clean when I get out of here.

Oh god, I'm so glad to be done with that house and done with the worst part of the moving. Now we just pack and leave tomorrow for Denver!

SO HAPPY. :banana:

Oh, and it's our anniversary. :eek: Nearly forgot that part.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
The training was club was awesome. :D Got to see lots of fun stuff, including a K9 coming off a 3 month rest from an injury who needed some work on equipment focus, a Mal doing some Mondio exercises, and a crazy ass 30 lb mixed breed who was just a bad ass. LOL

The TD was great and very emphatic about helping me meet my goals, and keeping Blossom social if that was my desire. I felt very welcomed and comfortable, and can't wait to go back.

Next week I'll be bringing Blossom! Can't wait.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Awesome news! What does this mean?
Well he basically asked if she was social to begin with, and if so, did I have any desire for a more serious dog eventually, or no.

ETA: LOL ok I've been drinking with my roommate and I hope I'm explaining this properly, but they do start each and every dog off with proper prey based work, he was just curious as to my eventual goals with her - a more serious dog or a sportier, very prey based dog.

Right now she's not serious at all, lol, she can be barky with new people if they get up in her business but she's happy to meet new friends for the most part. I'm happy with it that way and he was happy to cater to that.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Well he basically asked if she was social to begin with, and if so, did I have any desire for a more serious dog eventually, or no.
I guess I can't understand how bitework would make her unsocial. Unless he's asking about working her in play v. defense?

Tell me you plan to work Keeva as well, please.

Okay, I see your edit, makes sense now. We started/work our dogs in play/prey. Eventually we may put some additional defense on our dogs though, time will tell.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I guess I can't understand how bitework would make her unsocial. Unless he's asking about working her in play v. defense?

Tell me you plan to work Keeva as well, please.
Ok I'm glad the edit helped. I truly can't hold my liquor and wasn't explaining myself properly. :rofl1:

They definitely start every dog in prey drive here. I actually got to see them start a new dog and it was almost exclusively flirt pole work with a little tug thrown in.

OMG I really need to stop posting and go to bed. I initially wrote they start new dogs in defense, which is... horrifying. God. And with that... goodnight. :rolleyes:

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Ok I'm glad the edit helped. I truly can't hold my liquor and wasn't explaining myself properly. :rofl1:

They definitely start every dog in defense here. I actually got to see them start a new dog and it was almost exclusively flirt pole work with a little tug thrown in.
lolz I know you mean prey but it still made me laugh.

Don't go to bed, you're entertaining me. :p

Members online

No members online now.