Votes: 17 29.3%
  • $100 and under

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Over $100

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I don't think I've ever spent over $15 for a collar.

A picture from earlier this week should illustrate why... they are both wearing 1" wide collars here. And I don't like collars even that wide...if it weren't for the safety factor, I'd prefer having them all in round narrow tag collars all the time.

And I had just adjusted Kim's so it was more on top of her fur than is natural. Usually it's more like this...she has more coat than you'd think:

As long as the collar is safe, sturdy, and doesn't damage their coat I'm pretty much okay with it. I'd rather save my pennies for a dog walk I guess :)

Last edited:

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Considering I paid $102 for Blaze's Paco Zuma (which includes shipping) I had to put over $100. I, however, don't regret it all. That collar will last forever and STILL look nice.

Right around the $100 mark is sort of where I start to draw lines. Paco has some that are $150 range and I just can't ever see spending that. I can get some of the same design in a less expensive design they have.

This thread gave me the motivation to get my three nice leather collars out. I need to clean them :0

And then, feeling bad that Quke has no leather, he gets to wear the paco with hearts for a bit;)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I would honestly rather spend like $20-50 on a collar here and there, and still change them out occasionally
This is where my issue is, I like switching collars out, I get bored of seeing the same one all the time. With $20 collars, I feel like I can buy more to be able to do that. If I spent $100 on a collar... I would feel like I could never take that collar off or use a different one lol.

Ah, the issue of having a short haired dog. I completely do not care what kind of collar Happy or Lucy wears lol.

Toller_08

If I haven't bought one in a long time and feel a sudden craving for a new one and can't stop picturing it on my dog? Around $90 is the most I've spent on a single collar.

Normally though, I strongly contemplate even $25. Especially after buying all of my guys one really nice, pricey collar each. They don't need more than one super nice one. And considering they generally wear their $13 Mesamis collars that are soft and don't break their coats, or their $18 buckle Martingales or embroidered nylon ID collars, it's really hard to justify spending much on any more nice collars because they truly do just sit around most of the time waiting to be worn.

And I'm weird in that I actually will spend more and buy more collars for my hairy dogs. Because I can only see a little bit of the collar and thus don't get bored with it very quickly haha. On the Dobes, I tend to want to put a new collar on them constantly because it stands out so much and I get tired of looking at the same thing all the time. Not so much now that they don't wear collars unless we're out, but when they used to wear them all the time I was constantly changing them.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Since I do leather making, I've really got no need to buy a leather collar. I've made both of my dogs fancy leather collars and they mainly just sit in the basket because I prefer martingales. I love bright, wide fabric martingales on Harlow, and I can get them for about $20. Rider and Lucy have a fabric martingale for outings... but Lucy sports a rolled leather collar and Rider's in a thin paracord tag.

I think the two leathers I made probably cost me about $30 in supplies... so I guess that is my limit? I've found epic collars that I love for up to $250, but frankly I tend to pick a favorite that I put on for outings and the rest sit. As much as I love collars and getting new collars, it just doesn't make sense to spend that much.

Flyinsbt

The most I've spent on a collar is probably in the $50 range, though I'm not entirely sure. The most expensive collars I've purchased have been the AE collars, and I bought those as a set with a leash, so I'm not 100% sure how much just the collar was.

As to how much I'd spend... it would depend. Right now, I really can't justify spending much, my finances are not in great shape. I didn't even feel up to paying full price ($24) for the fabric wrapped collars I wanted for my dogs from The Collar Shop, I had to wait for her to have a sale. If I was in stronger shape money-wise, I can see going up as high as $75, for a really special collar. I'd like to have collars from this place:
http://sexybeastdogcollars.com/

75 dollars is the max,I would spend on a collar & that's what I get from Paco Collars.
On long hair dogs,you see glimpse of the collar whether it is single layered or a deluxe.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Considering I paid $102 for Blaze's Paco Zuma (which includes shipping) I had to put over $100. I, however, don't regret it all. That collar will last forever and STILL look nice.

Right around the $100 mark is sort of where I start to draw lines. Paco has some that are $150 range and I just can't ever see spending that. I can get some of the same design in a less expensive design they have.
Exactly how I feel.

I have spent right over $100 on a collar once, and that's about the highest I feel I'll ever spend on a collar. I don't have the desire for most of the $150 collars (they'd look ridiculous on my dogs since they're meant for larger dogs, and I just feel there are so many cheaper designs I love just as much). The carved collars are gorgeous, but I don't think I'd ever put them on my dogs... I'd be too concerned about them getting chewed, scratched, wet, etc.

I love Paco's The Glow design, and I really want it as a double layer martingale for Rory... but when all is said and done, it would be close to $200 with shipping. Even though I could afford it and it's a beautiful collar, I just can't pull the trigger on it!

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I'm not really a collar person ..I prefer slip leads but I would pay a nice chunk of change for the right slip!

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Honstly, right now I'd would feel bad about spending more then $15. You can't see Suzie's collar, and Jack has a nice leatherish collar. I think its an american Kennel brand, and it's held up well and looks good. For walks I use a harness anyways, so the collar doesn't have that much wear and tear.

Desoto's is the most expensive one I have, I think it was around 75, I figure they only wear one thing for their entire lives really so it may as well be fabulous;) I'm just glad my dogs are fluffy, or I would be tempted to buy them more!

I would also rather shell out the cash for a really nice, good quality long lasting leather collar than a bunch of cheaper ones that I'm not crazy on and that wear poorly.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Okay so Chaz is a terrible influence and thanks to a certain temptress named Stardogs I may have spent $60+ on a shiny new collar for Mira today. It comes with a leather lead too...so calculate that however you want, but still...

Stardogs = Evil.

Truth.

Dammit.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
A hell of a lot more than I would before I lost the boys. I had no idea how much it meant to me having the nice leather and decorated collars that represented the boys after they were gone. We have tons of fabric and they're fun to change out frequently but the leathers just mean the world to me. Maybe it's the feel, the longevity, the look, but whatever it is I will never forgo a nice leather per dog from here on out and I will be happy to pay a fair price for each.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Hahahaha! Free leash Friday for Shai!!!
Yeah...

I hope it is as pretty as I think it will be because even though I feel guilty I am really excited about it...it's exactly what I've been looking for for Da Cheese but everything I'd found so far was just a little off... *fingers crossed*

Members online

No members online now.