Cooked or raw meat/fish?

perfectly

Hi all!,

My dog gets fed lathams dry food everyday and i try to give him some meat and left overs with his evening feed to make it more exciting! When i go to the supermarket i pick up any reduced meat or fish to give him that night, is it better to cook it for him as he isn't used to it? or is it more nutritious for him raw?

So far i have only given it to him cooked or at least partially cooked and its only steak that has given him an upset tum.

Should i stick with what i am doing or should i make a point of giving him raw meat with every meal so he gets used to it? thanks.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
It's fine to give it to him raw. Don't mix the raw meat with kibble, though. They aren't good to mix together.

You can ease him into raw by switching a meal with raw meat instead of kibble, or you can go cold turkey and stop the kibble all together. See how he takes to the raw, then you'll get an idea of where you can go from there.

naturalfeddogs

love the fluff
Raw for sure. The more it is cooked, the more nutrition is cooked out of it. Raw is the best way to feed your dog.

Red meat, while being the most nutritious for them is also real rich compared to chicken or turkey. Dogs are usually started on bone-in chicken for this reason, so if you are going to give it, give in very small amounts or you will get some really runny poop.

If you are going to do raw and kibble, give them in separate meals. Raw for one meal in the a.m., kibble in the p.m. The two digest at different rates and most dogs can't handle them both. Lots of digestive upset!:)

Members online

No members online now.