I've Officially Lost my Mind

I've been interning with a behaviorist for the past few months. Wednesday, we got a call about interdog aggression in the home. Two intact females, not a pretty sight. But I digress.

The one female, who will probably end up being rehomed, is a coydog, like Gambit. The behaviorist asked if I would be interested in her if the owners do decided to rehome.

I had to say no, due to a variety of reasons (lack of money, Gambit's issues that still need work, already having a DR dog who does not care for females, etc).

Then I sat down and thought about it. Obviously, now is not the right time to add any sort of pet, and I will likely not get another dog until A) Argon passes or B) I win the lottery and can tell my boss to go suck it.

But...I might not turn down another coydog. Crazy, right? Please tell me that I'm nuts, and they make terrible pets and they will never be the agility dog I secretly desire. But there's just this bond with Gambit that I can't explain, something I've never felt with other dogs.

Coys do happen, and they do turn up in rescues (after all, that's how I got my heart dog). Dear God, I might actually consider having another crazy coyote in the house.

Someone smack me good.

PS- I should have pics of coyboy up this weekend, for those who I'm sure are starting to suspect he doesn't acutally exist. :lol-sign: My mother, who is a pretty good photographer, is going to help me make him pose pretty.

Taqroy

But there's just this bond with Gambit that I can't explain, something I've never felt with other dogs.
I'm going to advise a HUGE word of caution based on this. When we got Tipper I had this unspoken (and unrealized until recently) expectation that she would be exactly like Mu. I mean they're the same mix and they look the same so I just assumed. Nothing could be farther from the truth. And I was REALLY disappointed in myself when I realized that. Because I'd been trying to hold Tipper to the standards that I hold for Mu and they are all kinds of wrong for her. So we'd spent 8 months not accomplishing much because of ME. I hope that's not the case for this potential addition - I just wanted to put in my experience. :)

PS- I should have pics of coyboy up this weekend, for those who I'm sure are starting to suspect he doesn't acutally exist. :lol-sign: My mother, who is a pretty good photographer, is going to help me make him pose pretty.
Pictures! Yay!

monkeys23

I have two of the same mix, but different ratios... totally different dogs. Yes there are some similarities, but they are definitely different. I didn't expect them to be the same though. I think the best way to sum it up is that Lily is a good example of a GSD/Sibe sled dog mutt and dear sweet Scout is what happens when a crazy hoarder attempts to "breed" sled dogs.

Members online

No members online now.