Yuck!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I always take a glass of water to bed with me, during the night last night I heard this funny noise, so I turned on my bedside lamp only to find Katelina (the cat) drinking out of my water glass :eek: Imagine if i'd woken up in the night and drunk some of it! What's worse is I don't know how long this has been going on!! Have I been sharing water with the cat?!!! :(

Have decided not to take water to bed with me in the future! :D

Saje

Island dweller
ha ha ha they always do that. I'm sure you've drank TONS of cat spit. LOL And my cats will stick their paws in it and lick them. And if the water is too low they knock the glass over. lol

Feel better?

You would DIE in my house! :D Our animals (cats, dogs, and the occasional rodent or mustelid) get to share our drinks, food, and ice cream if they ask nicely and if we're into sharing just then. One of my poochie's favorites is to share an ice cream cone with me! If a glass is left alone on a table, it's fair game for the cats as long as they don't knock it over.

ROFL! I was friends with a couple years ago who had a medium sized mutt dog, a rather large neutered tomcat and an albino ferret. Everyone got along quite well.

The ferret, however, was a bit of a lush. If anyone set any kind of alcoholic drink down, the ferret would grab a taste and get snockered. Then he'd go hunt down the cat and pick a fight. If the cat wouldn't fight, he'd go torment the dog.

That ferret led a charmed life . . . ;)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Oh I don't mind sharing things with Gus, but I know where he's been!! Lol!
Katelina (Lili) goes out for hours on end and comes back with either a dead Rat, bird, mouse, lizard, frog and one time a Goldfish! Shhh, don't tell my neighbours she's been taking fish out of their pond!!! And it's the thought of sharing dead rodent/reptile/fish which really gets me!! Yuck!!

Debi

LOL...I used to leave a glass of water on the kitchen counter til one day I, too, heard a noise. Checked it out and found my cat happily drinking away. I know this sounds stupid...but I realized she liked bottled water better. Since I started putting bottled water in her dish she hasn't done it.....course, I don't leave my glass there too long!!!! I was also thinking...HOW LONG HAVE WE BEEN SHARING????

mrose_s

BusterLove
really? it worries u that much.. my cat AND my dog share all my food and drinks whether it be creaming soda or ice-cream...
neva got sick...

maybe its a bit gross. and i dont really share EVERYthing

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
mrose_s said:
really? it worries u that much.. my cat AND my dog share all my food and drinks whether it be creaming soda or ice-cream...
neva got sick...

maybe its a bit gross. and i dont really share EVERYthing
I guess it comes from my mum, she was a "wash you hands after touching the animals" Kind of mum!

I share things with my pets but, if Gus was to lick my ice cream I wouldn't be able to finish it! He would have to have it!
Guess I just have a hygene thing! We each have different things that make us tick! Thats what makes us all so interesting I guess!

LOL, my dogs have done that before. I find them slurping up water out of a cup. I have to admit I've shared ice cream with them before. I licked....dog licked....I licked...dog licked. I suppose it was a little gross, but it didn't taste funky, lol.

Saje

Island dweller
lol I don't share food/water with my dogs. They get their own stuff. I've seen them eat cat poop and lick their bums. No thanks.

EliNHunter

Lol... I go to bed everynight with a big ole glass of water next to me. Only now to put a book over the top since I caught my cats drinking out of it in the middle of the night!

CreatureTeacher said:
You know what's funny? Sharing things with baby people grosses me out bad! :D Eeeew...babies! I'm just weird.
Gotta admit you've definitely got a point there, Emma. It does me too. And human mouths are so much dirtier than animal mouths. Human bites are infinitely more dangerous than dog or cat bites.

'Course there's no worry about sharing food around here with Shiva, the One Bite Wonder Dog! :eek:

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Why do dogs feel the need to eat cat poop?!! It's truely beyond me!! :D

Members online