How did your dog/s do with fireworks last night?

How did your dog handle the fireworks last night?

• Ran for cover with every snap, crackle or pop!

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Was rattled, but handled it with dignity.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Same old, same old....couldn't care less about fireworks.

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • LOVED THEM AND WANTED OUTSIDE TO FIND THEM!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Banana pudding with nilla wafers

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

ACooper

I hope everyone made it through the loudest night of the year safe and healthy. Sadly, I see two people in my neighborhood out searching for their dogs this morning :(

I have to say, Orson did a very good job dealing with all the noise. He normally runs for a hidey hole at the first hint of firecrackers, but yesterday/last night only the EXTREMELY big BOOMS rattled him a bit. He laid in the living room (on my feet) chewing his treat bone. He even requested (yes, HE wanted) to go out for potty with cracks and snaps going off without being forced! First. Year. Ever!

Kudos Orson........either you are getting braver or getting too old to care! LOL

So? How did everyone do?

FG167

We only have four dogs with us at my parents' house right now but the three GSDs did not even notice the fireworks. Eden WANTED TO FIND THEM NOW....AND EAT THEM.

MicksMom

Caleb is between "Same old, same old....couldn't care less about fireworks.
Loved them.... In years passed, anytime he heard fireworks, he'd run to the front door to see what he was missing (sirens and thunder, too). This year, he looked around the first couple of times, then continued playing. Since he's not stressed when we get home, we assume he just crashes someplace while we're at the ones in town in the evening (about a 5 minute drive from the house).

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
I don't even know if there were fireworks, but I've never had a problem with my dogs and loud noises...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
They didn't care. I had to convince Sloan the mortars were not knocks at the door but after that, snore time. I think I was kept up hours longer.

SaraB

Zuma barked and wanted outside to find those offending noise makers. Zinga stuck a little closer to me than normal but handled them fine (can't tell if it was from the fireworks or the fact that Zuma was being a spazzoid and it confused her). Zip Tie was his usual self.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My dogs never pay any attention to them. The agility field is outside of town and this last month they've been shooting fireworks or guns every time we've been out there on the weekend. Thankfully my dogs aren't noise sensitive at all. My trainer's border collie has been not so great with the fireworks.

Gypsydals

Ivan didn't really care about them last night or the night before. He did get a little twitchy yesterday at 11 when the neighbors behind us where letting them off(I have no idea what the point is to set fireworks off during the day). But those where the screaming/whistling ones.
Peewee on the other hand had a melt down when they started. He goes and hides in our bedroom. But he does recover some what quickly once they stop. Hopefully none go off today that way Peewee will feel better about going outside.

crazedACD

There weren't many at all, although I suspect tonight and tomorrow night we might here some more. The dogs are all totally fine. Actually it was me that stopped and said "What was that noise?!"..and then I realized what day it was :p.

After the neighborhood kids REALLY get going, Pip doesn't want to go out to pee, and he barked a little, but otherwise was fine.

Maisy didn't act any different.

Squash had the time of his life... WHEEEEEE THEY ARE MAKING NOISE WITH NOISE MAKING THINGS ZOOOOOOOMMMIEEEEEESSSS. :/

Airn

Gwen was terrified. I found some of her calming meds and gave her a couple, but I don't think they did much. She went out in the afternoon, heard a bottle rocket and ran to the door, scratching and nudging to get it open. :\

She basically laid on top of me the whole night. At least she didn't shake.

JacksonsMom

Jackson was actually fine last night, but there was nothing loud near us. There was big ones over the trees but you could barely hear them. And I kept him inside while we lit off our wimpy ones in the backyard. Our house was loud because we had all of our different AC units and fans going and the TV so I honestly think he had no idea. Lol. Which is great because he is sensitive to gun shots, thunder, fireworks etc.

J Our house was loud because we had all of our different AC units and fans going and the TV so I honestly think he had no idea. Lol. Which is great because he is sensitive to gun shots, thunder, fireworks etc.
Yea around 4-5 pm when the kids in the neighborhood started really getting going shooting stuff off, I closed up the house and had the window AC units running so it helped drown everything but the really loud stuff out.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Payton never used to care but since the roofers were here and created some "PEOPLE ARE ON THE ROOF IT'S TERRIBLE I WANT TO EAT THEM" phobia, he doesn't like thunder or fireworks. He had a bit of a rough time Wednesday when people were shooting them off so I started playing loud music, then watched The Avengers really loudly, and by then he was okay.

Pepper was hanging out with my mom and Georgie and every time a firework popped she would jump and run around the room, which is actually surprisingly well handled for her considering it's Pepper.

Both of them actually did okay last night though. They were setting them off throughout the day and night (my dad said he was awake at 4:30AM and could still hear them) so I don't know if they just kind of got acclimated to it or not. Payton was a bit twitchy for a little while around 9PM or so, but he settled down after that.

OTOH nobody RIGHT nearby us was setting them off. I was over at my house working and I'm glad I didn't take Payton with me, because the people behind my next door neighbours were setting them off over our backyards. As in fireworks were exploding in my backyard, and debris was landing on my carport. It was REALLY loud and I imagine if he had been over he'd been having a seriously hard time. =/

For the first time in 8 years Abby slept through the fireworks!

She started off a little stressed, but strapped on her thundershirt and gave her some benadryl and once that apparently kicked in she was perfectly fine chilling in the room with my sister while fireworks were still going off :yikes:

The rest of the crew could care less about fireworks/loud noises in general, but this is huge for Abby

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Blaze did fine. Just some going off in the distance, no big deal.

Lizzie, on the other hand, was pretty freaked out. But she's always been somewhat noise phobic, mainly with thunder. She didn't settle down for a few hours but then finally did around 11.

Hudson likes to bark at them the first few times they go off, just to tell them to keep their distance, but is otherwise fine. The neighbors have been setting them off most nights for the past few days.

Members online

No members online now.