The Venting Thread

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
The dogs, collectively (ok not Macky because she's an angel), have decided that if for some reason they can't immediately get somebody's attention to go out, they should poop in the living room.

On the snow white rug.

Now you all to be shut in the same room with me or otherwise confined. Morons. :mad:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Bear has decided that he doesn't want to play fetch anymore :( e has been a fetch addict since he was a young puppy, nothing negative has happened to him, I think he is starting to go blind and can't see the ball anymore :(

It breaks my heart because now when I play with Josefina (my other fetch fiend) I have to tie him up and listen to him cry :(.

Dogs shouldn't be allowed to get old ... Ever, not one :(

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Bear has decided that he doesn't want to play fetch anymore :( e has been a fetch addict since he was a young puppy, nothing negative has happened to him, I think he is starting to go blind and can't see the ball anymore :(

It breaks my heart because now when I play with Josefina (my other fetch fiend) I have to tie him up and listen to him cry :(.

Dogs shouldn't be allowed to get old ... Ever, not one :(
:( If you think it's vision, maybe you could try either one of those "whistler" balls or something with a bell in it?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
People are jerks to parents with little kids sometimes.

This kid on the train was throwing a tantrum for some reason, during morning rush hour.
Now, to paint this picture.. rush hour on the train consists of cramming 100 people sardine style onto a loud, crowded, ackwardly moving, badly lit train and then stopping the BING and screech of loud speakers at every stop.

the mom is trying to calm the kid but he's not having it. She even apologized to people around her... the kid is flipping out and screaming. Even I will admit.. it was supersonic loud.

People are glaring, making comments, rolling their eyes. Just being general jerks. Like I get it, it's 8 am, nobody is in a good mood... but come on. "Why didn't you leave the kid at home?" what if she didn't have a choice?!

You don't know if the mom is a single parent and needs to drop her kid off at day care, or if they are homeless and couldn't afford food that morning and are their way to a soup kitchen and he's hungry, or he is scared of the train,or if he is sick and they are on their way to the doctor..
YOU. DON'T. KNOW.
It could be none of those things and the kid is just throwing a tantrum because he's a little person who hasn't learned to express emotions like adults have. (because he's a child..as you once were)

and yes, maybe your mom would beat you for crying and "shut you up".. but perhaps, even though "you turned out just fine!" parents these days are evolving and learning that kids are a lot more capable and learn from our behavior.. and that hitting someone to get what we want or when someone expresses something we don't like (like fear, or anger, or hurt) is not something we want to teach them.

and it is SUPER SUPER privileged thinking to believe in this day and age that all mothers can afford to just "stay home" or "hire a baby sitter" or "not take the train at certain times"

try some empathy perhaps.

Nobody likes loud noises but come on...shaming parents into never going out with their kids is a great way to ensure a future of unhappy mothers who will then go on to raise unhappy, under socialized children who will grow up to not be the future this world needs.

Even if you don't like kids or want kids.. support moms and the kids they are raising. Like it or not.. they are doing a very hard job and that little screaming kid is part of the future of this lovely planet.

AND MAKING FRIKIN SHH NOISES AND ROLLING YOUR EYES AND BEING A JERK IS NOT HELPING THE SITUATION ANYWAY!

I am so guilty of this. I was. I know I was. I was a surly teenager who thought the world revolved around me and lived in a privileged bubble where I had a solution for every problem.
then I grew up and realized people are struggling with a lot more than I thought, they aren't supporting characters to my movie.

You never know the whole story. You are going to have to listen to the crying baby ANYWAY and you can either live a life where you look at that baby and that mother and think "Ugh how irresponsible, how annoying, people suck, I would do xyz, this is so rude!"
or you can feel empathy for another human being and perhaps take a moment to ponder what could really be going on underneath the surface.

END RANT.

Don't be mean to kids crying/throwing tantrums or their parents!

especially at the grocery store. Grocery stores are meant to make kids want stuff and they are just trying to buy food and go home just like every one else.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
:( If you think it's vision, maybe you could try either one of those "whistler" balls or something with a bell in it?
I have a medium sized chuck it, I think they make balls with bells in them don't they? If they do I think the bell one would be best for him because a whiser only makes noise when it's in the air doesn't it? And the problem he has is finding it once its on the ground.

I was playing with him and Josefina together, but sometimes because he can't really see where the ball goes, he stops right in front of her while she is running and she accidentally ran over him and he was sore for a couple of days after :(.

But I think she helps him find the ball lol so I might have to keep letting them fetch together ... Plus hearing him cry when he is tied up because he can't join In is heartbreaking :(. I don't think I would be able to stand listening to it for much longer.

But an excuse to buy more toys? Awesome :)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have a medium sized chuck it, I think they make balls with bells in them don't they? If they do I think the bell one would be best for him because a whiser only makes noise when it's in the air doesn't it? And the problem he has is finding it once its on the ground.

I was playing with him and Josefina together, but sometimes because he can't really see where the ball goes, he stops right in front of her while she is running and she accidentally ran over him and he was sore for a couple of days after :(.

But I think she helps him find the ball lol so I might have to keep letting them fetch together ... Plus hearing him cry when he is tied up because he can't join In is heartbreaking :(. I don't think I would be able to stand listening to it for much longer.

But an excuse to buy more toys? Awesome :)
Other thoughts:
- flashing light up LED ball (I know there are some on Amazon)
- scent his ball with something (vanilla extract, lavendar, etc.) so he can smell it out

I got off of work early today so that I could do my phone interview with Petsmart... That was supposed to be almost TWO hours ago.

Frankly, I don't think I want a job with them if even their hiring manager can't be on time, or at least give me a heads up that he needs to reschedule the interview... Or that they won't be needing me. SOMETHING. I could have stayed at work and made MONEY today instead of leaving after TWO DOGS and sitting on my ARSE waiting on a phone call!!! UGH!!!!!!

/angry

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Other thoughts:
- flashing light up LED ball (I know there are some on Amazon)
- scent his ball with something (vanilla extract, lavendar, etc.) so he can smell it out
Would they harm them if I scented it? Until then I guess I will let them play together because aside from the occasional ... Collision ... Lol she actually helps him locate the ball it seems, though he never get it because he loss track of it in the air.

But like I said, new toys are always good around here :)

noludoru

Bored Now.
I got off of work early today so that I could do my phone interview with Petsmart... That was supposed to be almost TWO hours ago.

Frankly, I don't think I want a job with them if even their hiring manager can't be on time, or at least give me a heads up that he needs to reschedule the interview... Or that they won't be needing me. SOMETHING. I could have stayed at work and made MONEY today instead of leaving after TWO DOGS and sitting on my ARSE waiting on a phone call!!! UGH!!!!!!

/angry
Come over heeeeeeeere

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Tomorrow is going to last forever. It needs to be Friday. Now. And Friday needs to never end. RAWR.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Which scents should I used? I don't think I have any lavender but I think I do have vanilla, would that be ok?
Vanilla extract would work - you don't need much, just a dab. Let it dry before using. You'll prob have to refresh it periodically since the ball is drooled on. lol

Members online