Uber vibes, please - Rose is missing

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is exactly how I lost my childhood heart dog. Same age, same situation, she ran off and I was seconds behind her. I would get the signs out with your number as fast as possible. Flood the area. I will be sending all kinds of vibes that you find Rose safe and sound.

K

Kaydee

Can the local police or sheriffs department be of help somehow? Check in too with any neighbors or businesses or vets in the area. The more people on the lookout the better. Keeping paws crossed she wanders home on her own
{{{{{{Hugs n more hugs}}}}}}}

joce

When I was younger Our deaf and blind old labs always wandered and my dad would leave smelly food out. They always wandered back.

I know how hard it is. Tawny was gone for a week years ago. It was an add in the paper that got her back. Thinking of you!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Sorry for not updating sooner, I didn't have access to a computer. First -

SHE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Second, I am going to beat the snot out of her for scaring me like that. (Not really. I just hugged her and bawled.)

I woke up this morning, got ready for work, and checked outside...no Rose. Mom and Dad were also up, and they hadn't seen her either. I was upset, but trying to keep myself composed in the hopes that she'd show up today. However, I wasn't very coherent and forgot that Mom had moved her car behind mine and I ended up hitting it. No major damage, just some scratches, but I personally broke down. Threw my hands in the air, said **** it all, and just started bawling. Mom came over and gave me a hug, then she said, "Rose." Stupid dog was trotting up the lane like nothing was wrong in the world. She was covered in burrs so she had to have spent the night in the woods somewhere.

I ran over, hugged her, told her she was the dumbest mutt I've ever owned, cried, and let her in the house where she went straight for her food and water bowl and gave me a look like, "Really? I haven't been fed yet?"

I'm about emotionally spent, but I am so happy to have her home.

And had I not backed into my mom's car, we all would have left for work and no one would have been home when Rose came up. So that was the one good thing that came of it. I was prepared to print out fliers and give them to all of the neighbors in a three mile radius, call the shelters, call the vet clinics...I honestly didn't think I'd be seeing her again.

Paige

Let it be
Phew I just read this thread. So glad she is home. I would be dying if Bandit did that because it is so not him.

Members online