This has gone too far... (Malinois!)

Oh an Adrianne...your story about the Mal playing keep away. A littermate to the dog above did that to me when I took him lure coursing last year for his owner. He didn't run away...but he didn't come to me either. He stayed just far enough away that I couldn't get him and watched me dive into the mud after him and what not. Oh and the bad Brittany was with us too LOL I was never worried about him running away but I wasn't sure how I'd be able to catch him! http://youtu.be/hBNFA9PMh9k
That was hilarious! He was thoroughly convinced that he needed another turn!

Aleron

That was hilarious! He was thoroughly convinced that he needed another turn!
I know! I especially liked when he just started running along the line LOL The day before, I was able to catch him at the end when he grabbed the bag. But then he got loose when I was trying to wrestle him into the crate in the van, ran back to the field and it was harder to catch him. They move the lure a bit for me so it would distract him and I could catch him. It worked but he knew he had been tricked and wasn't about to let it happen the next day! Bad (but very funny) dog!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
On the courage test in IPO the helper runs at the dog yelling and aggressing. The dog is sent and supposed to charge in and bite the sleeve. Our dogs have been doing this for well over a year.

Today Sloan ran in and went for Gary's(our helper) thigh/groin, she decided at the last second to not bite him and turned into him slamming her shoulder into his crotch, taking Gary almost to the ground and grabbing the sleeve before he fell.

Two years old and she's still arguing with us over the fact she has to bite the sleeve, not the face, stomach, or upper legs.

Yeah, they're just plain nasty sometimes. lol

Hopefully she'll go for her 1 this summer and maybe we'll give in and let her play on a suit for a brevet or pdc or something.

monkeys23

Great video and stories, etc.!!! Loving the horror stories. :)

Teal - my half Sibe, half GSD is always right up my butt and wanting attention and she's half northern supposed to be aloof breed. Scout is way worse, knows how to open the bathroom door, is constantly checking in, etc. I take them to art class that I model for and while they usually trot downt he hall with me to the water fountain, I'm told that when I leave them in the room they wait by the door I left until I get back. Which is a whole like 30 seconds, lol.
Given that Mals and purebred GSD's are gonna be way worse than my dogs about that.... yeah you probably wouldn't be happy with one if you don't like that.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Knox is a lot like a Mal. He's a screaming banshee with more drive than brains currently. We've pretty much gone back to the basics because his brains fall out on the field and he can only scream at me. :p

Luckily, he doesn't really redirect onto me when he gets frustrated. we've had our come to Jesus meeting about that, and he remembers. He yells, shrieks, hollers, screams, moans, groans and mutters under his breath about everything. He's a nut job for sure. But he will think before he acts, which is both good and a little nerve wracking because you never know if two plus two to him will always equal four. But he's a creepy stalker dog who follows me to the bathroom and tries to get in the shower with me, who screams if I leave the house without him and he knows where I'm going.

He eats entirely too fast for his own good so he can follow me some more, constantly checks in with me, will not use the bathroom if I even think about looking at anything that could possibly be turned into a toy, and therefore a game of tug, ect.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
lol ^^

Today in agility I tried to push Sloan out around a jump and wrap in. Instead she jumped and bisected her body on the bar, breaking the metal frame hitting it just right. Instead of caring she came at me and slammed into my chest in a "I did it, give me my ball now!" move.

My trainer looked at me with humor masking her serious bias against the breed and said, you really want another one of those?

The answer is yes, but I have noticed a clear intake increase of wine since these two came along so maybe I'm just nuts.

The answer is yes, but I have noticed a clear intake increase of wine since these two came along so maybe I'm just nuts.
I have noticed that same relationship between the wine and the Malinois also. In all fairness, I have also noticed the same relationship between the wine and my 9 year also, as well.

And, I HEARD that "yes". :lol-sign:

Members online

No members online now.