I wish my dog could self-regulate..

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Her food intake.

I bought Juno the most awesomest trachea I could find, stuffed it with some canned food (an entire can) and popped it in the freezer overnight. Gave it to her yesterday afternoon since it was cold and windy and rainy. She chomped through the whole thing in about 2 hours, and it never crossed my mind that maybe she shouldn't be fed a normal dinner since she ate an ENTIRE CAN OF FOOD and a trachea.

So she got her 1.5 cups of kibble as usual like 30 minutes after eating the trachea. And now today she has had wicked diarrhea. Siiiiigggghhhhh. I wish she could say to herself "Self: you already ate a lot of food, so stop eating. Now." And maybe we could prevent poop that needs to be hosed off the grass.

She says it was worth it, though.

Teal

...ice road...
My dogs self regulate... when they fall over and can't get back up, they have to stop :lol:

I don't ever let them do that.. but they've broken into the food bin a time or two. There's no off switch to eating with these guys!

Argon once ate 5 lbs of chicken quarters that were half frozen and thawing in a bucket. He would have eaten the other five if i hadn't come home early. The stupid thing only weighs 25lbs, and I was terrified that he would bloat.
He didn't so much as fart, goofy whippitus.

Paige

Let it be
Bandit and Brobee cannot control themselves. Bandit will at least not do it when people are home but the cat? If anything is around him he is in it regardless of if you are right there. He has no self control. I could kill him some days

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Aww Juno, you crazy Boxer!!! :p Most Boxers I know are picky eaters, but with food THAT good, of course she's a good eater. I'm going to do the stuffed tracheas for my boys! Good idea

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Most Boxers I know are picky eaters
Really?! That is for sure not my boxer :p I can only count 2 times that she has ever turned her nose away from food, and both times she ended up going to the emergency vet, so being picky is a super foreign concept to her!

LOL Paige my cat is the same. He is worse than the dogs sometimes.

I never thought of stuffing those things, what a great idea.

Also, I'm not sure that my doberman would self-regulate either.

Members online