Jealousy..?

SarahFair

I work a little more with Rudi on commands..She just seems to pick them up better than Mary. Sometimes I will work with them together but it seems like when I am working with JUST Rudi Mary comes in and tries to take her attention away. Poor Rudi being a puppy and still all about play time is like 'oh you want to play??' So I will have to shoo Mary off.
Sometimes when Im done with Rudi Mary will want to play but she plays extra rough. Sometimes she will go and pick a fight..
Rudi is deff submissive and doesnt ask for it at all. Mary will just suddenly Roar Roar Roar at her but Rudi just back away. Of course I always jump in and split it up if it hasnt stopped (fights have only happend like maybe 3 or 4 times..once being over food but we no longer have that issue..)
I just dont know if Mary is just jealous over me working with Rudi or what..??
She has NEVER been interested in learning commands

Some people will tell you that dogs don't feel jealousy . . . I think they're in denial ;)

Sounds like some jealousy there to me. You're going to have to set boundaries for Mary's jealousy and her determination to put Rudi in her place without undermining her authority. It's a tricky balancing act, stopping Mary before she goes too far without making her "lose face" in front of Rudi.

maple

Queen of the Jungle
I find it hard to focus on training with one dog unless the other pest....ahem, dog is in another room or locked away. Perhaps when your working with Rudi, you could put Mary in the house? Then spend a few minutes with Mary with Rudi in the house.

wishbone

Sounds like jealousy for me too, better train them together when they fully comfortable with each other.

Members online

No members online now.