Lacey photos!

ACooper

Awe, she is cute! I am sure you will work your magic with her campbell :D

Oops, she's 8 months old.
I have no problem with people keeping lots of dogs...but when your house smells of a sewer, it's time to re-think your cleaning process, lol!
Uh ya, I don't have a problem with anybody keeping as many dogs (or pets) as they can CARE for......regardless of town/city ordinance.

But when your home smells really bad, and some of them are way too thin (especially pups) then you have too many. It's not always about having the money, it's also about time to care for them.

That is why we are at our limit right now, I can keep up with everyone's needs, when you enter my door your nose won't tell you animals live here, and everyone gets food, love, and med care.

xpaeanx

and some of them are way too thin (especially pups) then you have too many. It's not always about having the money, it's also about time to care for them.
I'd just like to add, that there are some pups/young dogs that are just hard to keep weight on. Midget's really thin, but he gets plenty of food. He never finishes what I give him.

but otherwise I agree. if you can take care of 10 dogs great, if you can only take care of 1 that's great too... as long as you know and stay within your limits.

ACooper

Ya, but there is a difference in a pup that is hard to keep weight on, and an 8 month old GSD at 30lbs :eek: That isn't just on the trim side..........it's down right SCRAWNY! LOL

Orson came to me malnourished and full of worms......way to skinny with a bloated belly. We took care of that problem, and as he became a "teen" he stayed on the trim side, hard to keep weight on. That just meant I spent more time figuring out what worked for him. He still stays on the trim side, but not overly thin.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
My neighbors kid said she looked like a ratty little stray dog she's so thin (gah and the matted hair I haven't been able to brush through yet)

She eats like a horse though, I've been feeding her about 4-5 cups a day of Diamond Naturals and pouring chicken fat over the top (left over from boiling the chicken for treats so I saved it for a tasty kibble cover) and she cleans up every bit of it.

But, she's starting to get playful and is an excellent "guard" dog. Even when people walk by on the sidewalk she watches them, and if they come up to the door she barks. I'm actually enjoying having a dog that barks at strangers because I'm losing my hearing and I can't tell you how many times someone has banged on my door then let themselves in without my knowing and scared the bejeezus out of me. That doesn't happen anymore though. :)

xpaeanx

But, she's starting to get playful and is an excellent "guard" dog. Even when people walk by on the sidewalk she watches them, and if they come up to the door she barks. I'm actually enjoying having a dog that barks at strangers because I'm losing my hearing and I can't tell you how many times someone has banged on my door then let themselves in without my knowing and scared the bejeezus out of me. That doesn't happen anymore though. :)
:rofl1: :rofl1: Glad she's working out!!! :)

Coop, I did say I agree with you in terms of taking care of animals. But I get people who tell me all the time that I must not be feeding Midget bc of his weight... He's def not a malnurished skinny, but you can make out the contour of his ribs. I try and add all the fat from my meals to his to "plump him up." He just seems to stay thin. So, I think you need to be careful when saying "skinny." that's all.

ACooper

X, around here (at chaz) our definition of skinny is a bit different than out in the world, LOL

I have people tell me all the time that Orson looks half starved. Ya, they are used to seeing tootsie rolls with legs walking down the sidewalk, LOL. We all (here) see over weight labs, goldens, nearly any breed everyday............not necessarily obese, but definitely what we consider over weight. And since everyone is used to seeing THOSE dogs, they think OUR dogs are starved :rolleyes:

So ya, our definition of "skinny" is a tad different than theirs. And I think that being able to see the contour of his ribs is fine..........even acceptable. According to the Vet charts, that is a normal weight.

I wasn't trying to come off as disagreeing with you, or arguing..........just explaining myself a tad better :)

Members online

No members online now.