How long to acclimatize to weather?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
So Smudge is from NC. I'm in Ontario.. He's got enough fur to be a wooly mammoth.. but it's puppy coat still.

We have 1/2 foot of snow on the ground, isn't as cold as it will get by any means.. Took them to the park last week no issues, they go out to potty and romp no issues..

Take them out yesterday to romp, they both have fun, I go to put the leashes on, and Smudge's knees are knocking.. Not just a little, h's full out shaking. He had issues walking the 50 feet home. If Cider hadn't felt the need to poop 2 more times I would have just carried him..

Cider is like bald. But she's grown up here, she has fur, but it's thinner and more sparse than any other badly bred cocker I've ever seen. Doesn't need a jacket though.

How long do you think it will take for him to adjust to our climate? I feel bad for him, I don't think a coat would do much for him though.

Paige

Let it be
Miley gets so cold. It's awful. I just put her inside my jacket when she gets cold but alas she is smaller then your boy. She's getting a proper coat for X-mas though.

It only takes a few days if you spend enough time outdoors. A dog who lives inside and only goes out for short spurts may never develop the full winter coat that they could.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Yeah I thought about the inside versus outside thing. Guess we need to play outside more. If Cider is warm enough with crappy coat, at some poitnt mudge should have full protection. He pants inside at times he's too hot..

Members online

No members online now.