Short Quick Breaths

Litai

Hi all..I am new to these forums and I'm seeking some help. My husband and I just acquired a new puppy three days ago. He is 8 weeks old today. We have noticed that he occasionally takes really quick, short breaths, for no apparent reason. He doesn't do it all the time, and most often does it when he's sleeping, but we have seen him do it when he's awake.

We took him to the vet the day after we picked him up, and the vet said he was fine. It concerns us. We are new parents and don't want anything to happen to our boy. :(

Anyone happen to know whats wrong with him?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Litai

bubbatd

I think I understand what you're talking about and I think it's normal .... is it like 3 quick dry sobs ???

Tinaweena

You know when you've been crying for a really long time, you get that weird breathing thing going on? Is it like that?
If so it's normal. I've seen many puppies do that. Including my own a few times.
However, you can always take a trip to the vet to make yourself feel better.
So now we need details and pics :) Breed?

Litai

Thanks!

Its not 3 quick breaths..but it is like when you've been crying..its continuous though. It can last up to several minutes, and his whole body shakes when it happens. You can just look at him and you can tell its happening. And its not only when he's sleeping.

He's a Shiba Inu, black and tan, named Tezema Kage Maru "Taz".

And sorry, can't post any pics..don't have them up on the web yet. :(

Thanks everyone for the quick responses..I have contacted the breeder, hopefully she can tell me if its something he did before we got him. He did travel six hours on a plane to get to us.

Litai

Members online