poop eating habits

Nina 05

Hi, I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. My dog had been eating his own poop :confused: I don't know what i am doing wrong. Is this at all normal. How can i get him to stop. Am i not giving him enough food? Ohh and he has some stinky gas passing :eek: He is just a puppy, will he learn as he gets older? I hope so cus im tired of seeing him with poop all over his mouth area :rolleyes:

Saje

Island dweller
Well, I've heard of dogs that do that but mine never have. I think most people here agree that it is related to the kind of food that he is eating. The gas can be related to that as well. What kind of food are you feeding?

Maybe got to www.mordanna.com/dogfood and www.greatdanelady.com (articles) to read more about nutrition.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I swear i am going to start a journal with the info down because i can never find it when i want..there is something lacking in the diet (i can't remember how to spell defienc...) and there is an additive you can put in the food that i have heard works great. tomorrow when maybe i will feel like a real human again..i will see if i can find it..if no one else remembers what it is.

Saje

Island dweller
LOL I don't remember but I remember you mentioning it on another thread. It might be something that is missing from the food she's feeding and can be found in something else.

Sakasha

Sheltered
We use Accent at the shelter to stop the dogs from eating their stool overnight. It's actually a spice made for people food, but apparently it tastes horrible comming out the other end. (Sorry, that was gross.) We've had to use it on a few dogs, and only one continued eating his stool, so it might be worth a try.

Now this is something that drives me absolutely nuts. Ginger is the only one that I have that will do that. YUCKY! It's never her own that she eats *omg gross lol* When we go outside, she thinks just cause they are frozen they are her personal toys, it drives me absolutely nuts!! LOL She only does it cause she knows it drives me crazy. She will pick one up in her mouth and just stare at me untill I look then she struts around waiting for me to chase her or catch her, it's her *look what I can do Mommy* Game. She knows it drives me nuts, I know that she knows LOL
They says dogs do that because of lack of something, all my dogs eat the same food, so what is she lacking? lol I think it's just her own personal game. I can't help but laugh sometimes because when she stares at me with one in her mouth she makes monkey sounds, I can't help but laugh because of the expressions she makes. lol
How do you stop this madness my little monkey has started??? LOL

Khristine

Oreo used to eat his stool all the time! he'd be so quick too! he'd poop, i'd turn around for i swear 2 seconds, only to find the stool gone! ..

I've heard of pills, i don't know if they eat it or you put in in/on the feces, but it seemed to work with my co-worker's shih tzu's.

Members online