The Fall Semester Thread.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I am realizing that I detest online classes. The "discussions" are lamesauce and I miss taking actual notes. And studying. I really miss regular studying. It doesn't look like I will get to take any actual tests, just submitting "discussion" questions and dumb papers. Hrmph. At least I should only have to do online classes until January, then almost everything should be in the classroom.

I am realizing that I detest online classes. The "discussions" are lamesauce and I miss taking actual notes. And studying. I really miss regular studying. It doesn't look like I will get to take any actual tests, just submitting "discussion" questions and dumb papers. Hrmph. At least I should only have to do online classes until January, then almost everything should be in the classroom.
I'll trade with you. Anytime.

I loved my online classes.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Got told to come in early today to help prep for an event, expected all students to have to. Nope, just my group. So been at school paying them my tuition so i can work for them for over 8 hours today. I got a single 20 minute break all day and i've been hunched over plating or piping or rolling pie dough. My back is pretty sore and I haven't gotten to eat much of anything today so i'm not feeling so hot.

Now I get to go work 4 hours with my boss... Lovely.

At least I did this today with a girl in my group.

Maxy24

I've had three exams so far and got a 91 in Cell and Molecular Bio, a 96 in Psych, and a 91 in Ochem, my first ever A in Ochem! I really hope I can keep this up. I have a sociology exam tomorrow and I expect that will go pretty well too.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I never thought I would, but I hate online classes as well. I never really knew how important lecture was to my learning..

Took my Chem quiz this morning. I feel like I did ok, but not fabulous.

Now studying HARD for Microecon exam on Thursday. That's the one I'm scared of. Lol.

SpringerLover

I know I don't test well, I've always known this.

I failed my first test... eugh. I've failed quizzes, they don't count for much. I've done poorly on tests.

Yep, failed.

I guess I need to see if there's a tutor available for this class!

This could just as easily be in the Good News Thread :). Chem lab tonight was cancelled! Apparently a water main broke and set off fire alarms across half the campus so everything was evacuated for 3 hours. I could just see the logistical nightmare pending when I saw 5 groups of lab coats huddled outside. Waited for almost 2 hours to get word either way but definitely better than a 4 hour block!

meepitsmeagan

I really think I'm going to need a tutor to help me with Microecon. The concepts themselves aren't confusing me, but I'm having issues keeping all of the graphs and terminology straight.

I also think if I had legit lecture, this would not be a big issue. :(

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I have so much homework to do, but I feel so sick I just don't want to do it. :( If it wasn't due tomorrow I'd put it off some more, sigh.

meepitsmeagan

I found out today that I'm getting a C in my Microecon class. This is much better than the 25% total grade I THOUGHT I had. :eek: Silly me, not adding up quiz points and figuring out that 48 is MUCH less than 420. Still waiting for grades to be posted from the exam. Not so patiently.

Saeleofu

I have a stupid 3-hour dinner to go to for my stupid class tomorrow, and I don't want to go. At all. I hate my professor and I REALLY don't want to spend 3 hours with him, and I only know 1 of my classmates (who also happens to be a coworker).

Michiyo-Fir

Ugh. Doing terribly, I've just found out that there's almost no way of acceptance with my current average for the school of my choice. On paper it says a high B+ which is above 76% average but when I talked to the program advisor, she said they haven't accepted anyone in the B+ range in the last 15 years. Minimum is basically an A- at the least.

Also got a midterm back today that I thought I did really well on but only ended up getting 75.8. Another midterm we haven't gotten back, the professor told us the entire class was very disappointing, for his class if you do well it's a 90, not so well it's going to be 50-60, that's just the way he grades.

I actually need 90% for this term if I want to make it back to A-....

I just want to crawl into a hole and disappear :(

meepitsmeagan

83% on my last quiz in Econ. Even though I'm not doing as well as I normally do for this class, I'm feeling more confident that I will pass. Starting to study for the final already though.. crunch time wouldn't work for this class.

Saeleofu

My professor asked me for advice on his storm phobic dog (he first asked me how I taught Logan to not be afraid of storms...ummmm, I didn't teach him, he's never been afraid of them). "I give him benadryl!" was his response when I asked if he's tried medicating his dog :rolleyes: I wanted to say **** you asshole why would I help you when you're such a jerk to me, but I figured he'd probably just rehome his dog if he couldn't get it figured out, so I wrote down half a page of ideas for him.

Logan lead me to my old professor's door on his own for the second time today, and sadly he wasn't in. Logan misses him, I miss him, and I guarntee you he misses Logan :rofl1: I let him pet Logan, the only one of my professors that has that privilege. When my asshole professor pets him, it just pisses me off.

meepitsmeagan

Left work 2 hours early to work on homework since I will be dog showing all weekend, plus working a lot. NO MOTIVATION. Me and energy drinks are going to make it happen though.

I've got two tests next week. As usual, not too worried about Chem though I do have to go back and look over prefixes and such for naming molecules. Econ, always nervous for those.

Members online

No members online now.