Breed ban proposal in North Carolina... WTF.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ok so this has been circulating around fb like crazy and that article leaves out a fair amount. Local news reports are a bit more helpful:

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/11/30/1140687

It still isn't a non-issue, but this is a proposed rule, is not supposed to a blanket PTS for all breeds listed ("selective placement", working with rescues, etc.), and only applies to AC, not the county/city and owned animals. Slippery slope, but not quiiiite as hideous as the Examiner article makes it out.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Ok so this has been circulating around fb like crazy and that article leaves out a fair amount. Local news reports are a bit more helpful:

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/11/30/1140687

It still isn't a non-issue, but this is a proposed rule, is not supposed to a blanket PTS for all breeds listed ("selective placement", working with rescues, etc.), and only applies to AC, not the county/city and owned animals. Slippery slope, but not quiiiite as hideous as the Examiner article makes it out.
Makes more sense, yeah. Still... steps backwards. :(

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Yea if they'd just enforce the current laws...

but that would make sense and we know bureaucrats are just fabulous at that...NOT. :doh:

Iam convinced that Dr Lauby is legally insane. That guy is just SO "out there."

Did you guy know he was trying to get a group together to shoot stray/feral dog with ARROWS?! That didn't fly, so they decided to get a group of "pros" from texas to come shoot/hunt the dogs. Fsking asshole!

He is the director of our animal control, former VETERINARIAN. He might still do vet work, he had/has his own vet hosp. Yeah, I totally want that jerk working with animals. I've heard horror stories about him, even from my family.

Ps, since when are chows & rotts bullys? Thats new to me.

Members online